Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
January 19, 2024 at 4:26 am #15202802

alexL-45

Hi,

May i know how to use WPML to translate the Elementor widget like Accordion? Because everytime i translate whole website it only show this part didnt translate.

Thank You

Screenshot_1.png
January 19, 2024 at 9:44 am #15203802

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand that you need some assistance with translating the Accordion and I'd be happy to assist! First, could you let me know if the Accordion was made using the default Elementor Widget? If so, you can translate it directly from the Translation Editor, as WPML already supports the default Elementor Widgets, and no extra steps are needed.

However, if the Accordion is a custom widget or comes from a third-party theme or plugin, then it might require integrating WPML support with the widget. This integration will enable you to translate it using the Translation Editor and ensure it displays correctly in the translated language on the frontend.

But, If you could share more details about the Widget or share the link to the page or post where you've added the accordion, I'll check and offer more specific guidance on how to proceed.

Looking forward to your response and I'm here to help.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

January 19, 2024 at 9:52 am #15203837

alexL-45

Hi,

My website is using Jupiter X theme, inside got the accordion widget it is not the default accordion of elementor widget, it is custom one

hidden link

January 21, 2024 at 3:42 pm #15208671

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,
I hope you're doing well. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

Thank you for providing details about the Accordion. After reviewing the Theme and its core plugin, I noticed that WPML translation support is currently available for only a select number of widgets (such as Alert, Button, Counter, Heading, Tabs, etc.). However, I did not find any WPML configuration for the Accordion widget. Therefore, the WPML support needs to be implemented for the Accordion widget to be able to translate its contents via the WPML Translation Editor.

To learn how to add WPML support for custom widgets like these, I suggest checking the following documentation: (https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

Additionally, you may contact the plugin developer for more help in integrating translation support.

However, the good news is, we do have a solution on hand. We have a tool available that can assist in creating the necessary configuration for these custom widgets with just a few clicks. This tool is designed to reduce the time and effort of manually registering custom Elementor widgets by writing configurations for each one. To use this tool and better understand the process, kindly refer to the instructions in the following documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-compatibility-test-tools-plugin/registering-custom-elementor-widgets-for-translation/

Once the configuration for the Widgets is added, you should be able to translate the Accordion contents from the Translation editor. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'll be happy to assist!

Best regards,
Prosenjit

January 22, 2024 at 1:16 am #15209203

alexL-45

Hi,

Please check on this page
hidden link

the accordion is the one cannot be translate for wpml? Any way to translate instead of manually translate this part?

January 22, 2024 at 10:58 am #15210691

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
Thank you for the update.

Upon inspecting the Accordion section, I noticed that it is constructed using the default Elementor widgets that come with the JupiterX theme. As I pointed out in my previous message, it's necessary to integrate WPML support for this widget. This will enable you to translate its contents directly via the WPML Translation Editor, rather than relying on a manual translation approach.

I request you to thoroughly check the details I provided in my last response and try to translate the widget as described. I hope the documentation I've shared will help to solve the issue. However, if you require any help with the steps or need further clarification, please don't hesitate to reach out. I am more than willing to assist you in this process.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

The topic ‘[Closed] How to translate the elementor widget like Accordion’ is closed to new replies.