Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.28 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 16, 2023 at 7:19 pm #14588339

shaneB-8

It seems that every year I run into this issue where the Translation for one of my Products (Booking Product) gets decupled from the translation and gets linked to a specific Reservation. I ran through the steps outlined before, but it's not working.

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

The translation being displayed and working.

Instead, I got:

A link to ```Réservation – 13 Feb 2020 à 13h28```... and even if I am able to decuple this I can't seem to relink it back to the original English version.

October 17, 2023 at 8:41 pm #14597909

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

is there a specific action that could possibly create this mix-up? did the site recently migrate from a staging to a live environment?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

October 18, 2023 at 11:40 pm #14609215

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the update and access information!

If possible, please review the access info as I am not able to log in to the site's backend.

You can edit the previous private reply and update them if needed to correct them.

October 19, 2023 at 12:59 am #14609409

shaneB-8

Sorry I wrote the incorrect username. I modified the private message with the correct username and tested it. Seems ok now.

October 23, 2023 at 5:41 pm #14640515

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you, I was able to re-connect the 2 products by following the steps mentioned in your first reply.

After running the troubleshooting actions, the product was disconnected from the booking and it allowed me to re-connect the 2 products together.

I did not find a specific reason this is caused, however, I did remove the database entries from the WPML translations table and re-registered them as brand new to hopefully avoid any corruption in the future.

October 26, 2023 at 12:07 pm #14670173

shaneB-8

Thanks for the help! There was some issues left over from the work you did pertaining to the English product not allowing sales to happen. But that cleared up after I resynched the translations.

Have a great day!

shaneB-8 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-10-26 12:07:06.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.