Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The text inputs in the forms created by the Ultimate Membership Pro plugin don't work as expected, as shown here: https://cdn.wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/12811355-Bildschirmfoto_2023_01_11_um_11.38.40.png.

Solution:

The plugin registers the input type in String Translation and when it is translated, it does not work. Delete the strings shown here to fix the issue: https://cdn.wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/12815435-types.png

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicolaH-2 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Ahmed Mohammed.

Author Posts
January 12, 2023 at 3:28 pm #12806719

nicolaH-2

Hi, I am trying to translate strings that are not included in string translation. But somehow the are locked. The problem ist that the the autmatically taken over translations of the word text are written with a capital letter and now the forms don't work as I need them with small letters only. What can I do?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-12 um 16.20.41.png
January 12, 2023 at 4:39 pm #12807457

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

The strings shown in the screenshot are locked because they are added to String Translation table using a wpml-config.xml file. If this is a plugin, it will have this file in its root folder.

> The problem ist that the the autmatically taken over translations of the word text are written with a capital letter and now the forms don't work as I need them with small letters only. What can I do?

Could you please share more information on that issue? If you can provide some screenshots of the issue and the form, it will help understand what is going on.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

January 13, 2023 at 7:39 am #12811355

nicolaH-2

Hi Ahmed, thanks a lot for your help. The issue seems to be with WPML and the Plugin (Ultimate Membership pro). When activating WPML fields of forms disappear as WPML translate the text format into German Text with a capital letter, then the fields are not showing up anymore. You can see it in the screenshot. We’ve made a lot of changes to the field type data in the database and most of the fields are now showing up but some of them are still in the wrong field type.
We’ve checked the whole database but seem to find a solution for those fields.
The only “easy” solution we can find is to disable the WPML String Translation plugin.
After all the changes we’ve made, when this plugin is disabled all the field issue is gone.
The problem: I need the plugin in german for the owners of the website, as their english is not so good. Any idea on how to solve it?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-01-11 um 11.38.40.png
January 13, 2023 at 11:35 am #12812819

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

> The problem: I need the plugin in german for the owners of the website, as their english is not so good. Any idea on how to solve it?

I understand. To be able to troubleshoot the issue, we need to replicate the issue with only WPML and the plugin in question.

I have created this sandbox website for you to install the affected plugin, please reproduce the issue with the form so that we can debug it: hidden link

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

January 13, 2023 at 12:02 pm #12813077

nicolaH-2

Hi Ahmed, thank you so much for taking care of the issue! I have uploaded the plugin, the mo and po files as I did on my website and now you see the same issue. If you go to the Ultimate Membership Pro Plugin, and click on Showcases at the top, then on Register Form Tab, it will show you the form and all the fields are gone. Thanks for your patience and help.

January 13, 2023 at 5:01 pm #12815435

Ahmed Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Thank you for replicating the issue.

I was able to see and fix the issue on the sandbox.

As you mentioned, the issue comes from the strings shown in the attached screenshot. Selecting them in WPML → String Translation and deleting them, fixing the issue for me, as shown in the second attached screenshot.

When you open this file in /wp-content/plugins/indeed-membership-pro/wpml-config.xml, you'll find the plugin's author registered all user fields, including the user field type as follows:

<key name="ihc_user_fields" >
            <key name="*" />
        </key>

They need to exclude the field type as it doesn't need to be translated.

Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any other questions. We would be happy to assist further.

form.png
types.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.