Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with the WPML plugin not being able to connect to wpml.org, even after following the suggested solutions such as disabling/clearing caches, deleting the "wp_installer_settings" key, and reactivating Toolset with the license key.
Solution:
We recommend following the troubleshooting steps provided in our documentation. It is important to ensure that the following domains are whitelisted in your hosting environment:

The domains to whitelist are:

• wpml.org
  • cdn.wpml.org
  • api.wpml.org
  • api.toolset.com
  • cloudfront.net

If after following these steps the problem persists, please open a new support ticket for further assistance.
WPML Support Forum

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.65 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Andrey.

Author Posts
November 8, 2023 at 1:26 pm #14757203

jelle-jacobd

Hi,

I'm experciencing the exact same issue as mentoined here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-plugin-cannot-connect-to-wpml-org-93/

But the solutions aren't working unfortunately. What should I do?

1) Disabled/cleared caches
2) Delete the said key "wp_installer_settings".
3) Reactivated Toolset with license key.

hidden link

Thanks, Jelle

November 8, 2023 at 1:31 pm #14757229

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

Hi Jelle,

Have you followed the troubleshooting steps in this article?

https://wpml.org/faq/wpml-plugin-cannot-connect-to-wpml-org/

Make sure to whitelist these domains:
- wpml.org
- cdn.wpml.org
- api.wpml.org
- api.toolset.com
- cloudfront.net

Let me know if there is still the issue.

November 8, 2023 at 6:37 pm #14760523

jelle-jacobd

Hi Andrey,

Yes I did, several times. But thats not really the point. The point is WPML notice shouldn't be there as I don't have WPML installed at all.

Thanks, Jelle

November 9, 2023 at 2:16 pm #14767995

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

Thank you, Jelle, for providing further information. Have you tried searching your database and specifically, the wp_options table, for any options containing "wpml" or "icl"? Removing any options related to WPML may help resolve the issue.

It's important that you create a backup of your database before making any changes, just to be safe.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.