Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
July 15, 2022 at 11:21 am

John

I have a website with 7 languages and the emails for new order, completed, etc that customer receive, the content it's mixed, title it's translated, but the content it's in other language.

July 15, 2022 at 12:00 pm
July 16, 2022 at 3:25 pm #11679011

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Hope you're doing well. I think we had a chat about this matter this week.

Did you try to set all strings to English in "WooCommerce > Settings > Emails > Manage" and then Translate them into German and other languages in "WPML > String Translation"?

If the issue persist after that I will need to escalate the ticket. For that I need to replicate your site on our servers. Can you install Duplicator and create a package?

I have activated a private field for you where you can share those files.
More info: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Nico

July 18, 2022 at 10:38 am
July 20, 2022 at 11:34 am #11700623

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello John,

Thanks for the copy! Before I install it, I checked once again your website and I can see that strings from your emails are still in German (see screenshot).

As mentioned before, can you set them all in English and then in "WPML > String translation" translate then from English to German and other secondary languages.

Thanks,
Nico

screenshot-2022.07.20-06_29_45 (1).png
July 20, 2022 at 12:03 pm #11701159

John

Hey Nico, many thanks for the fast reply back.
Yes, we have done exactly what you said via live chat we modify all the def strings on wooCommerce to be in English. Also, we have also tested Kadence Email to check if it works but same issue.
Please check the screenshot below.
hidden link
I might think that could be an old DB, I have reuploaded only the actual DB so you can test. Please check the new link in the private message above.
Many thanks again.

July 23, 2022 at 12:08 am #11722403

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

Nico is currently offline, if possible please try the following and update us with your results:

NOTE: I have gone through WPML and re run the .mo files scan as a lot of WooCommerce translations are based off .mo files.

1. Go to WooCommerce->Settings-> Emails
2. There are 11 email sections -> go through each one and review them

Your site's WPML default language is set to "German" but there are mixed content in the settings

See here for an example:
hidden link

or here:
hidden link

the default string is in English but you have marked it as German (see screenshot too)

My recommendation is as follows:

3. All content that has been set by you in these sections set it to 'German' then go to WPML->String Translation locate it by using search and translate it to the rest of the languages

4. All content that exists by default (you did not add) , most likely it's EN by default, make sure it's assigned to English and then go to WPML->String Translation -> locate it and translate
example: hidden link

NOTE: This is happening because your initial installation of WordPress is English (you can confirm here: hidden link) and not German so the WooCommerce plugin is using EN strings by default.

fixing the above should resolve these issues.

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 5.04.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 5.03.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 4.59.11 PM.png
July 24, 2022 at 10:49 am #11726423

John

Hello, many thanks for response. I have sent to Nico other db from the live website where the changes were already made. On the dev website we have stopped working and those changes weren't made.
Please check the video below in which all the emails strings are set by default to English.
hidden link
In the dropbox link above you will have the latest version of live website.
Ps. There is no rush we can wait for Nico since he already knows our issues.
Thank you!

July 28, 2022 at 12:25 am #11754385

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Just a quick message to let you know that I'm back but unfortunately I couldn't install your site on our servers. When I try to import the SQL DB, I have a 504 time out error. I'll check tomorrow with our system team what else we an do.

Thanks,
Nico

July 30, 2022 at 5:36 pm #11771379

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I finally managed to get the copy of your site working. I created an order in French and the "On Hold order" email seems to be fine.

Some strings weren't translated yet like the shipping message. I translated it in "WPML > String Translation" and did another order to confirm that the translation was working (see screenshot).

If I change manually the status of that order to "Completed" in the backend, I then have this know issue where the email is sent in Default language:
https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-e-mails-are-always-sent-in-default-language-for-any-admin-order-status-change/

If you follow the instructions you should be able to fix it. But that's actually not a mixed content issue. So, I'm not sure where to look or how to reproduce the issue.

Could you please try yourself? Log into hidden link
and try to reproduce a situation where one of the email has mixed content.

Thanks,
Nico

screenshot-2022.07.30-12_19_09.png
screenshot-2022.07.30-12_21_52.png
August 1, 2022 at 10:06 am #11775591

John

Hello,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I have made a new order on RO and you will see that the new order email is in English. (hidden link). I have also made a test on IT and same, the new order notification it's in English.
The email that goes to the client seems to be ok, it's in IT. What did you do or change here?
I didn't manage the send an email for cancel order, I don't know why.
Can you please help us also with the New Order email???
Thank you!

August 2, 2022 at 12:55 pm #11785781

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for the screenshot I know understand your question. You are talking about the "admin email notification" not the email received by the client!

- Emails sent to clients are in the language the order was made (in your example Italian).
- Emails sent to Admin are sent in the preferred WPML language that is saved in the user profile of the Admin (which is English in your case)

What did you do or change here?
1/ I went to "WooCommerce > Settings > Emails" and open all emails with "Manage" and made sure that all strings were in English.
2/ Be aware that is you remove a string, WooCommerce will show you the default placeholder text in English in a slightly grey color (see screenshot). Because the string is actually empty you won't be able to translate it in the next step (you will need to rewrite it first).
3/ For each string you have a "translations" link that will send you to "WPML > String Translation" where you can translate them.

I didn't manage the send an email for cancel order
I think it was related to point #2 above, the strings were empty showing only the placeholder text. I retyped the text and change the status of the last order and you can see that now the "Cancelled order" email has been logged.

Please let me know if there is something that remains unclear
Nico

screenshot-2022.08.02-07_38_21.png
August 5, 2022 at 7:12 am #11808797

John

Hello Nico,
We are gone check it on the live site but we can do that only from Monday because at this moment we aren't in the office.
Please let the ticket open until we come back with a replay.
Thank you for understanding.

August 5, 2022 at 2:20 pm #11811353

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hi John,

Ok, I will set the ticket to "Waiting for user feedback" that way I'll get a notification next time you answer.

Enjoy your weekend.
Nico

August 10, 2022 at 8:15 pm #11845683

John

Hello,
Can you please activate again the sandbox so we can test it again?
Also I want to ask, if the footer from emails has the same issue as emails that admin receive. https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-e-mails-are-always-sent-in-default-language-for-any-admin-order-status-change/
Please let me know,
Thank you!

The topic ‘[Closed] I have an issue with the strings from WooCommerce emails’ is closed to new replies.