Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
You are trying to activate the OTGS Installer on your development site, but even though it shows as activated, it doesn't actually activate.
Solution:
First, we recommend clearing the caches on your site and browser. If you're using object caching, please clear those caches as well. If the problem persists, delete the OTGS Installer plugin from your plugin list, then download it again from your WPML account and reinstall it. Should the issue continue, enable WordPress debugging by following this guide to check for any errors during activation. If errors are logged, please share them with us for further assistance.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If further assistance is needed, please open a new support ticket.

0% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.44 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
June 19, 2024 at 1:52 am #15751466

glennM-11

Background of the issue:
I am working on a site under development and trying to activate the OTGS Installer following your installation instructions.

Symptoms:
When I try to activate OTGS Installer, the message at the top of the screen says activated, but it doesn't activate.

Questions:
Why does the OTGS Installer show as activated but doesn't actually activate?

June 19, 2024 at 9:29 am #15754453

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I understand the issue you're having. Sometimes, due to caching, you may experience this kind of issue. Could you please clear the caches from your site and browser (if you're using object caching, clear those caches as well) and check again?

If you continue to encounter the issue, please delete the "OTGS Installer" plugin from your plugin list. After that, download it again from your WPML account and install it on your site. Then try to activate the plugin.

If the issue persists, I kindly request you to enable WordPress debugging by following this guide and check if any errors are logged in the debug log file while trying to activate the Installer. If you notice any errors, please copy them and share them in your next response. I will check and advise you on the next steps.

In the meantime, you can download the WPML plugin from your WPML.ORG account and install it manually on your site to continue working.

Let me know the update. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best regards
Prosenjit

June 22, 2024 at 2:15 am #15780706

glennM-11

I couldn't get the OTGS Installer to activate, i downloaded the plugins and installed them manually.

glennM-11 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-22 02:15:46.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.