Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
December 7, 2023 at 3:48 pm

paulM-12

We have a site with 2 languages : English (primary language) + Inuktitut. Inuktitut is a custom language that I've added. At first I wasn't able to translate the month string name (such as January, February, March, etc..) to the secondary language from the String translation page, but after using the 'Auto register strings for translation' I was able to translate the month names. It's working for the blog posts and event posts, but not for the page that list all the events. I want to know how to translate those months on that page

December 7, 2023 at 4:39 pm
December 8, 2023 at 11:26 am #15025279

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but in order to proceed with troubleshooting, we kindly request a site snapshot. Alternatively, with your permission, we can create a snapshot on our own.

For this purpose, we typically recommend using the free plugin "Duplicator." If you are already familiar with how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and simply send me the archive file you downloaded.

To assist you further, please follow these instructions:
Watch the Duplicator instructions video: hidden link

Refer to the instructions provided by WPML on how to provide supporters a copy of your site: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the archive file exceeds 400MB in size, please utilize Duplicator's file filters to exclude the cache, wp-uploads directory, media, and archive files.

Once you have the archive file, please share the link with us. You can use services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar platforms as the snapshot file will likely be large.

Please note that your next reply will be private, visible only to you and me. You can paste the link to the file there. Rest assured that once the issue is resolved, I will delete the local site.

December 8, 2023 at 2:42 pm
December 11, 2023 at 6:15 pm #15040045

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

I appreciate your patience.

I've just obtained a package from your website, and I will now proceed to import it into my development site to conduct further investigation. I'll get back to you as soon as possible with my findings.

December 12, 2023 at 5:35 pm #15048823

paulM-12

Hi Kor,

I have found a solution. It's now showing the date in Inuktitut language on the page.

thanks!

paulM-12 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-12-12 17:35:25.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.