Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with price rounding in different countries/currencies on their WooCommerce site. Prices are rounded correctly when viewed from the Netherlands, but not when viewed from countries like the UK, where different tax rates apply.
Solution:
We recommend configuring the WooCommerce Tax Settings to display prices excluding tax. This approach helps in managing the display of prices consistently across different countries, despite the variations in tax rates. For detailed guidance on adjusting these settings, please refer to the WooCommerce documentation on tax settings: Setting up taxes in WooCommerce.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 17, 2024 at 4:26 pm #16189864

nathanO-5

Background of the issue:
I want product prices to be rounded in each country/currency to .95 decimal. I have adjusted the settings for this. The issue can be seen when the site is visited (with the use of a VPN) from another country like the UK. I think it has to do with the way the taxes are calculated. When I visit the English site from a Dutch location the prices are rounded correctly, but when switching to a UK location, the tax rate change and the price isn't rounded anymore.

Symptoms:
When the site is visited from another country like the UK, prices are not rounded correctly. Only when the site is visited from the default country (Netherlands), the prices are displayed as rounded.

Questions:
Why are prices not rounded correctly when the site is visited from countries other than the Netherlands?
Is there a specific setting in WPML that needs to be adjusted to ensure prices are rounded in all currencies?

September 17, 2024 at 9:02 pm #16190698

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Tax fees are usually calcualated by shipping address and this coming direclty from WooCommerce.

The WCML option on your screenshot should round the currency by site language, which means that not any Geolocation Feature is involved in your current WCML settings.

This settings should appply to any site language, as long GPB is set as currency.

Does this not work as expected?

If so, do you maybe have another Geolocation Feature enabled, that manipulates the currency amounts by location, like for example the geolocation feature from WooPayments?

Best regards
Andreas

September 18, 2024 at 12:54 pm #16193176

nathanO-5

Thanks for your response!

I don't have any geolocation functions on other than WCML.

The problem only arises when the site is visited from a country other than the Netherlands. The problem can also be replicated by selecting a different country as the shipping address on the checkout page. After this, the VAT amount will change, so the amount will no longer be rounded correctly.

I want that regardless of which country the shop is delivered from, the prices are always rounded to .95 decimal.

Schermafbeelding 2024-09-18 145210.png
Schermafbeelding 2024-09-18 145255.png
September 18, 2024 at 1:22 pm #16193285

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to offer to have a closer look at the problem and request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to the website to investigate this issue further.

You can find the required fields below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, which means only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to make a backup copy of the website and database before allowing us access.
If you can't see the wp-admin / FTP fields, your post and website credentials are set as PUBLIC. DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

I may have to install a plugin called "All In One WP Migration" to make a copy of the website where I can investigate the issue further.

However, I would also be very grateful if you could provide a staging site or copy of the website from your server yourself for this purpose. This step would only be required if the issue is replicable on such a staging site.

If you have any questions about creating such a staging site, you can consult your hosting provider. Just take note that WPML should be registered on this site again.

If you are unable to provide such a copy of the site for testing, please let me know on this ticket.

The private response form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We may not access any access information not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

Best regards
Andreas

September 18, 2024 at 8:33 pm #16195353

Andreas W.
Supporter

Thank you for providing access to the site!

I am about to create a copy of the website on localhost to investigate the issue and will get back to you about this as soon as possible.

September 20, 2024 at 4:54 pm #16203843

Andreas W.
Supporter

I can see that for example Netherlands and Spain use the same amount, as they use the same tax rate.

The differences are occurring as you use different tax rates per country.

The solution for this usually would be to use the WooCommerce Tax Settings to display the prices excluding tax. See screenshot.

Let me know if this would be an appropriate solution for you.

excluding tax.jpg
September 21, 2024 at 10:16 am #16204668

nathanO-5

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately, showing prices ex-tax is not a solution for me. Is there no other way to fix this?

September 23, 2024 at 2:24 pm #16210342

Andreas W.
Supporter

This behavior seems expected as you use different tax rates per language.

It is the tax calculation that is causing the difference and the tax amount should not be rounded.

This is why I suggest displaying prices excluding tax to the customers.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.