Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 4, 2022 at 3:12 am #11145569

johnK-27

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Making an update to a WPML page (hidden link) or any translation of that page (hidden link, or hidden link) deletes all the ACF flexible content on that page.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have read probably 10 different forum topics 'somewhat' related to the issue I am experiencing.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not really unless you log into the back end, save any page and then see that the ACF Flexible content on the page disappears.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Happens on all these pages.

May 4, 2022 at 3:28 am #11145645

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

We recently just updated WPML to 4.5.6 if possible go to Plugins->Add new->Commercial->check for updates and update it.

Then test again and let me know your results.

Also, review the following documentation to verify everything is set up as expected.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Let me know your results, please.

May 4, 2022 at 4:02 am #11145845

johnK-27

I will look through the link that you provided. Funny thing is that the site has been live for years and only recently started this behavior. Any advice on narrowing down what I might focus on rather than the entire list of items at the documentation provided if this was the case?

Thanks very much for the quick response.

I did the update and the content still disappears on save.

May 4, 2022 at 4:12 am #11145899

johnK-27

Follow up - I have a staging site that I could grant access to if an expert could quickly sift through and find/fix/explain the issue.

May 5, 2022 at 6:18 am #11156265

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

May 6, 2022 at 4:53 am #11164377

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

unfortunately, the username is not working for me at the moment.

Regarding the time zone, I am in Los Angeles Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

May 6, 2022 at 5:04 am #11164391

johnK-27

I must have accidentally created your account on one of the other environments - I had 4 different versions of the site in my browser.

I just created an account on this environment with the creds I provided to you. Sorry about that.

May 6, 2022 at 5:29 am #11164403

johnK-27

Hello Bobby. I am curious if you were able to get in to the site?

May 6, 2022 at 8:45 pm #11171205

Bobby
Supporter

Yes, I am logged in now, will update you shortly

May 7, 2022 at 4:15 am #11172213

johnK-27

Any news to share? Thanks very much.

May 7, 2022 at 5:25 am #11172251

Bobby
Supporter

The settings seem to be correct, however I am noticing that if you go to Custom Fields ->Field groups each field group is duplicated 3 times (looks like per active language)

If possible, please review this and remove and duplicate field groups by deleting them and only leaving the ones that should be activated.

Let me know your results, please.

May 10, 2022 at 2:29 am #11185343

johnK-27

I received a message from the cleanup robot. I still need assistance but I am working on multiple projects so it may be a day or so until I get back to this - I apologize for the delay.

May 10, 2022 at 11:21 pm #11193253

Bobby
Supporter

Thanks for updating us!

May 12, 2022 at 5:31 pm #11211087

johnK-27

Update:

Did what was asked. Then I needed to go in and save all the pages again. Currently I am identifying the content that doesn't match the production site. I believe that once I reset the content on the pages where the content doesn't match that the site will save content correctly going forward.

Will know more in the next day or so.

Let me know if there is some other / additional steps that you had planned on other than what I have mentioned above.

Thank you.

May 12, 2022 at 9:19 pm #11211759

johnK-27

I had thought that creating a new version of the page that was problematic was going to allow me to save the content but I was wrong. The applications (en-za) will still now allow me to use the 'components' page template and save content to it.

Please let me know if you see anything that I do not.

Thanks very much!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.