Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.59 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 3, 2023 at 12:28 am #14145167

guidoP-8

Greetings,

I have a website which is not going to be multilingual for now, but I needed to use the plugin in order to translate some strings from our E-Commerce.

The website is: hidden link

As you might see from the screenshot the website should be in Italian but the strings on the cart (and the minicart in the menu) are still in English. I tried to use "string translator" but it seems not working and the strings still wrong.

How can I solve this issue?

Best regards.

novalba.png
August 3, 2023 at 10:04 am #14147985

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Before this ticket gets assigned to my colleagues, I will try to help.

The proper way to translate strings depends a lot on how they have been implemented inside the theme/plugin.

Sometimes, there are even duplicates of the same string and only one of them is the correct one that needs to be translated.

Also, sometimes, simply removing the string (checking the box and removing it) and then re-registering it again by scanning for it (one of the methods below) and re-translating it resolves the issue.

1. Please try this:

Go to WPML > String Translation and at the bottom of the page you will find a checkbox called "Look for strings while pages are rendered". You can enable (check) that and then go in the front end to a page where you have that string showing up and then go back to WPML > String Translation and search for that string and see if it now shows up.

2. If you can't find them inside the WPML > String Translation, they might be added as admin text.

This should be the normal process to find and translate admin text strings:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/

Please let us know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.