Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 5 months, 1 week ago.

Author Posts
November 17, 2023 at 10:02 am #14833291

stefanM-7

I have a Custom post type "anbieter" with a custom Taxonomy "anbieter_tag".

WPML -> Settings -> Taxonomies stays on Translatable (use translation if available or fallback to default language).

I did translate all taxonomies with the WPML -> Taxonomy translation.

BUT: The anbieter posts in DE have the Taxonomies, I can save it, but the french translation has no taxonomies at all. I can add a new in german, but in french its not stored. How can I sync it, that de/fr has always the same taxonomies added?

I cant find that "keep it synced" option anymore. Where can I find it? Or do I need to sync it myself with an hook?

November 19, 2023 at 11:51 am #14870361

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

I will add the first reply before this ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues.

If you create the taxonomy and then translate it and you assign the taxonomy terms after the translation everything should be synched.

But if you already had terms assigned from a taxonomy that is not translated, and then translate it you need to sync them.

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website. Or better approach will be to test this on a copy/staging version of the website to avoid any disruption of a live website.

- Go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Synchronise post taxonomies (select the post type that applies).

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] CPT Taxonomy Sync’ is closed to new replies.