Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.91 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 27 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 day, 15 hours ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
April 19, 2024 at 8:36 am #15542279

mathiasP-9

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to get related products over to all languanges from my Divi templates.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link Swedish
hidden link English
In the bottom on the products you can see the related products is not geting translated, i can manualy go in on the english translation and add it but when i update the translation they get reseted.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

April 19, 2024 at 10:26 am #15542912

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

Meanwhile this ticket is attended by one of my colleagues, I'll recommend trying with the parent theme (i.e. Divi) and see if that works?

IMPORTANT: Take full backup of your website and database beforehand.

Additionally, I'd request to explain that how you're displaying the related products, like using a Divi module, widget or custom code?

Please let us know and we'll try our best to help you further on the matter.

Regards.

April 19, 2024 at 10:59 am #15543173

mathiasP-9

Hello!

It is a base module that comes with Divi (no divi addon), it is called Woo Related Products.

Best regards!

April 20, 2024 at 5:16 am #15545417

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please go to Divi > Theme Builder, open the product template, make a small edit, and save it. I also suggest you give this template a name that makes it easy to identify, like "Single Product Content" for example.

Now go to WPML > Translation Management, filter for the post type "Body Template" and make sure that your product template is translated.

If this is not the case, create a job for the template, access the job at WPML > Translations, and complete the translation to 100% with the WPML Translation Editor.

If you have done this already and it will not solve the issue, I would like to offer to have a closer look at the problem and request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to the website to investigate this issue further.

You can find the required fields below the comment section when you log in to leave the next reply. The information you provide is private, which means only you and I can see and access it.

IMPORTANT
Please be sure to make a backup copy of the website and database before allowing us access.
If you can't see the wp-admin / FTP fields, your post and website credentials are set as PUBLIC. DO NOT publish the data unless you see the required wp-admin / FTP fields.

I may have to install a plugin called "All In One WP Migration" to make a copy of the website where I can investigate the issue further.

However, I would also be very grateful if you could provide a staging site or copy of the website from your server yourself for this purpose.

If you have any questions about creating such a staging site, you can consult your hosting provider. Just take note that WPML should be registered on this site again.

If you are unable to provide such a copy of the site for testing, please let me know on this ticket.

The private response form looks like this:
hidden link

Next time you reply, click "I still need assistance."

Video:
hidden link

Please note that we are obliged to request this information individually on each ticket. We may not access any access information not specifically submitted on this ticket in the private response form.

Best regards
Andreas

April 22, 2024 at 10:17 am #15549532

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I'm Osama from WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Thanks for the access details. I get kicked out from the dashboard whenever I try to check the Divi template that contains this string.

Please go to this URL (yourdomain/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=et_body_layout), and edit the products' single template in the default language to make a minor edit and update it.

After that, please update the translation and check if you can see the related products string in the translation editor.

Best regards,
Osama

April 22, 2024 at 11:46 am #15550003

mathiasP-9

Hello!

What do you mean you get kicked out from the dashboard?

I followed the link that you wrote and updated the translation for one of the templates and the related products is not updated on the translated version, i posted image from both Swedish and english side.

This is for the template name: SE (Specifik Produkt: Typ II – 0,5 ton) EN (Specific product: Type II - 0.5 tons), i only try it on one instedd of trying on them all.

Typ 1500 is the swedish and Type 1500 is the english.

Do i to remove the translation and redo them all or?

Best regards,
Simon

related_en.jpg
related_se.jpg
April 22, 2024 at 1:39 pm #15550887

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your update. The site works correctly now. Please edit the translated template and check the Woo-Related Products module.

You will notice that no category has been selected. For example, hidden link

Please select the categories and check the front-end product.

Best regards,
Osama

April 22, 2024 at 2:20 pm #15551273

mathiasP-9

Hello Osama!

English is the translated language, and if i manualy add the category and then update the translation the categori is removed, i have done that already once.

If you check on this one you can see the category is there: hidden link and not on the english.

Best regards
Simon

April 22, 2024 at 3:36 pm #15552023

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Please log in to this sandbox site and install Divi. (hidden link)

After that, please create a test category template and translate it to replicate the issue.

If the issue is replicable, please let me know to consult our compatibility team.

Best regards,
Osama

April 23, 2024 at 6:47 am #15553701

mathiasP-9

Hello!

Now i have replicated the issue on the test site.

This is the english(main language) template: hidden link

This is the swedish(translated language) template: hidden link

Now you can try to fix it so i can implement the solution on my site 🙂

April 23, 2024 at 11:22 am #15555484

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. I translated the products, and they seem to work correctly. Please check this product. (hidden link)

Best regards,
Osama

April 23, 2024 at 1:27 pm #15556244

mathiasP-9

And if i wanna update the translation on the template the related products is not translated, the categorys are gone from the translated template.

You most have added them manualy, if you check the products you now linked the related products is gone.

I most be possible to use the update translation to work so you dont have to manualy add the categorys after each time you do a change on the template.

April 23, 2024 at 1:30 pm #15556264

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I think updating the translated templates manually to add the categories is the workaround for this case.

If this workaround is not suitable for you please let me know, and I'll consult our computability team to check if there is another workaround.

Best regards,
Osama

April 23, 2024 at 1:38 pm #15556323

mathiasP-9

I most be possible to use the update translation to work so you dont have to manualy add the categorys after each time you do a change on the template.

I maybe would be fine for a site who has 1-2 template, but this has 32, i took me over 1h to manualy add them and then i noties they got removed after a change.

April 23, 2024 at 3:09 pm #15557090

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

I've consulted our compatibility team regarding this issue, and I'll update you as soon as I get their reply.

Best regards,
Osama

mathiasP-9 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-05-03 13:54:56.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.