Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 3, 2022 at 9:04 am #11381039

thomasS-14

Dear Support Team
As stated in our previous ticket we cannot use the WPML Translation Management. The Workaround is to use the "duplicate page" function of WPML and then set the option "Translate independently". Unfortunately this function doesnt work for all the languages (we have 5 languages in total). With some pages the function works for 1 or 2 languages but not for the other ones.
I sent Noman the wp-admin credentials, im not sure if i can post them here again. Please let me know if you need any other information!
Best regards
Thomas

June 3, 2022 at 8:33 pm #11385165

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

Does it not show for all languages the option to "duplicate" or it crashes when you use it?

if the option does not show there might be a translation in progress. If that is the case do the folllowing:

1. Edit the page
2. Use the language switcher at the top and switch to the translation
3. Scroll down and click on "copy content from X language" or "overwrite with content from X language"

Let me know your results, please.

June 7, 2022 at 8:19 am #11401365

thomasS-14

Dear Bobby
The option shows with all languages. Can you please login to the installation (its a test enviroment) and check the issue? I think you have the wp-admin credentials, right?
Best regards
Thomas

June 7, 2022 at 6:47 pm #11407069

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] Duplicate Page function doesnt work’ is closed to new replies.