Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by leeC-2 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
June 21, 2022 at 9:24 am #11506773

leeC-2

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: target should be an object with filter method or an array in

June 21, 2022 at 10:01 am #11507411

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) Could you please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps?

1- Deactivate all the plugins except WPML CMS.
2- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.

If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is causing an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database before performing the above test ❌

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here. (http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support)
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

June 21, 2022 at 10:33 am #11507927

leeC-2

Hi Osama,

I deactivated all the plugins and the problem disappears when I deactivate the SiteGround Optimiser plugin. (I have now deactivated that)
However they say they can't see any issues with the plugin and have asked me to ask you to see if there's a conflict with their plugin.
I have 1 other site with siteground using the same plugins, but that one works fine.

June 21, 2022 at 11:09 am #11508211

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for your update. There are some known issues between WPML and SiteGround plugins (Optimizer and Security), but these issues don't happen in all installations.

Kindly check if your 2 sites have the same settings and configuration in the SiteGround panel and optimization plugin.

Also, it could be a conflict between more than 2 plugins; that's why you don't face the issue on the other site.

Best regards,
Osama

June 22, 2022 at 8:10 pm #11523667

karlap-2

Happened to me, too, on ONLY one page. Everything else worked fine.

The problem was not completely Siteground Optimizer, but the Memcache setting. By disabling memcache, the problem went away.

Maybe it happens with other hosting sites that use memcache.

I had it enabled because it's supossed to be fast.

There's an article saying that WPML plays nice with SG Optimizer, but apparently it doesn't.

June 22, 2022 at 8:19 pm #11523681

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

1) Thanks for your update. Could you please the following steps on the problematic page?

1- Install the "Yoast Duplicate Page" plugin
2- Go to Pages-> All Pages in the default language
3- Hover on the page title, and click on "Clone"
4- Check if you face the same issue on the cloned page

Kindly let me know the result of this test.

2) In most cases, WPML and SG work without issues, but it happens in other instances.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Regards,
Osama

June 24, 2022 at 2:59 pm #11539001

leeC-2

My issue is resolved now. I switched the SG optimiser off for a few days, I went to activate it again today and the problem is no longer there.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.