Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.52 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Marcel.

Author Posts
June 24, 2022 at 9:33 am #11536679

dimitrisS-7

Hello,

we are running a wordpress network with over than 90 websites.
All WPML plugins and WP core are running in their latest versions.

We are always adding a new site using the wp functionality (Add New) and we populate the posts with dummy content.

The last few days when we tried to add new site with dummy content, the posts and the content are functioning without any problem but when we are trying to activate / setup the WPML all posts , pages and custom posts are dissapearing from the CMS.

We can only bring them back one by one if we have already open the posts / pages (pre WPML setup/activation) and update them afterwards (after the WPML setup), but we don't think that its the correct way to procceed.

Also in the troubleshooting, we sometimes manage to bring back posts and pages after the WPML setup (using clear WPML cache, Removing Chost Entries etc..) but the Created custom posts are never coming back.

We can provide access, if necessary, to see the issue by yourself and a video for more details.

Thanks In advance.

June 27, 2022 at 8:52 am #11547951

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

before we can reproduce this with site access, we need to know what the exact issue is. Could you please provide some screenshots or a screen video, where the issue is viewable?

Thank You

Best Regards
Marcel

June 27, 2022 at 11:15 am #11550131

dimitrisS-7

Hello,
here is a video about the issue.
hidden link

Screenshot 2022-06-27 141429.png
Screenshot 2022-06-27 141400.png
June 28, 2022 at 5:26 pm #11561901

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

it seems like your WPML tables are corupt. I want to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Best Regards
Marcel

July 1, 2022 at 4:27 pm #11586435

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the info. I tried to download the database, but I need to authorize. I tried to download via FTP, but the credentials are not working.

Can you please check them?

Thank You!

Best Regards
Marcel

July 4, 2022 at 8:54 am #11595751

dimitrisS-7

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The User has now the right permissions to download t he db-data folder.

July 4, 2022 at 10:34 am #11596655

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

thanks, I was able to download the DB.

we populate the posts with dummy content

#1 Could you please show me how exactly you are doing that?

#2 The "language is not set" error and the "PHP warning errors " don't seem to be connected. You can try first setting up the error log before the WPML setup and then run the setup. It seems something is preventing WPML from setting the language after the first step. Could you please try that? This way, we can check the log.

#3 You can get the DB copy of the single site before WPML setup and then run the setup locally as a single site. Does it work for you then?

Best Regards
Marcel

The topic ‘[Closed] Hidden Posts /Pages on WPML activation / setup’ is closed to new replies.