Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I have translated a few sites with wpml + elementor or divi page builder even if I have never fully understood the logic of wpml for product translation. with the pages if I click as shown in the images w1 and w2 I create the English version, copy the contents from Italian, translate separately and then activate the page builder. why can't i do the same with products? if I go to a multilingual woocommerce> woocomemrce the menu appears as shown in the image and if I click on the translation, that damned translation editor appears that I hate with all my strength working almost exclusively with page builders. if I go directly to the woocommerce products and try to do as with the pages or if I enter a product, I click + for the English translation> overwrite contents with those in Italian> I translate separately and except this happens sometimes and I don't understand why : that symbol of the gear appears that makes me open the hated translation editor while for other products I managed to do as with the pages. same thing from the translation editor. I don't understand how to get rid of the gear that opens the translation editor in place of the product sheet with the wordpress editor.

Solution:
Upon further inspection, we were able to conclude that this behavior is expected. When not using CTE or ATE you don’t need to translate the products from WC -> WCML. I have tested on a clean install, and it happened just like on your website: https://orange-berimbau.sandbox.otgs.work/product/hoodie-with-logo/

In my next reply (that will be private), I'll provide you with the automatic login link for this Sandbox installation if you want to check it yourself. Basically, we translated the product manually, but when we went to WC -> WCML and tried to open it, the Translation Editor was opened (even though it is disabled for all website content).

So, since you're not going to use the Translation Editors on your website, you shouldn't translate the products on the WCML interface. As I said to you in the chat, the product can be translated through the Edit screen of its original.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by claudiob-9 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
May 6, 2022 at 5:27 pm

claudiob-9

hello I hope to be able to explain.
I have translated a few sites with wpml + elementor or divi page builder even if I have never fully understood the logic of wpml for product translation. with the pages if I click as shown in the images w1 and w2 I create the English version, copy the contents from Italian, translate separately and then activate the page builder. why can't i do the same with products? if I go to a multilingual woocommerce> woocomemrce the menu appears as shown in the image and if I click on the translation, that damned translation editor appears that I hate with all my strength working almost exclusively with page builders. if I go directly to the woocommerce products and try to do as with the pages or if I enter a product, I click + for the English translation> overwrite contents with those in Italian> I translate separately and except this happens sometimes and I don't understand why : that symbol of the gear appears that makes me open the hated translation editor while for other products I managed to do as with the pages. same thing from the translation editor. I don't understand how to get rid of the gear that opens the translation editor in place of the product sheet with the wordpress editor.

May 6, 2022 at 7:00 pm
May 6, 2022 at 9:54 pm #11171229

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello again,

I checked this out but so far I couldn't find a fix for it. I asked my colleagues to have a look at this issue in order to see if there's anything I'm missing.

I'll come back here as soon as one of my colleagues reply back to me (which it shouldn't take long).

Thanks,
Mateus.

May 9, 2022 at 2:33 pm #11182795

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this issue.

Upon further inspection, we were able to conclude that this behavior is expected. When not using CTE or ATE you don’t need to translate the products from WC -> WCML. I have tested on a clean install, and it happened just like on your website: hidden link

In my next reply (that will be private), I'll provide you with the automatic login link for this Sandbox installation if you want to check it yourself. Basically, we translated the product manually, but when we went to WC -> WCML and tried to open it, the Translation Editor was opened (even though it is disabled for all website content).

So, since you're not going to use the Translation Editors on your website, you shouldn't translate the products on the WCML interface. As I said to you in the chat, the product can be translated through the Edit screen of its original.

Please review this information and let us know if you still have doubts about the procedure. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Mateus.

May 9, 2022 at 2:35 pm
May 11, 2022 at 5:29 am #11194565

claudiob-9

Thanks mateus for the answer :-). so in my case I agree not to use WCML at all and therefore not to install it?

May 11, 2022 at 8:49 pm #11202675

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply.

No, you should keep the WooCommerce Multilingual installed because it is crucial in order to translate your WC store. You just shouldn't make the product translations through the WC -> WCML screen, since you're doing them manually.

Please let me know if this explanation is clear to you and solve the question. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

Best,
Mateus.

May 12, 2022 at 6:42 am #11204283

claudiob-9

yes thank you very much. now everything is perfectly clear to me. thank you so much for your support

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.