Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
August 1, 2023 at 9:36 pm #14137833

stephanJ-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I translated my website, but most of the images are not showing up in the translated areas. You can compare the Original site with the translated ones.

How can I fix this?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link (main website)

Translated Sites:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 4.35.44 PM.png
August 2, 2023 at 3:20 pm #14143635

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for reaching out to us. I will be happy to help you in this matter.

I understood the issue you're having. On closer inspection, I found that the posts that are not showing images belong to some custom post type. Maybe the featured image of those posts has not been copied while translating those posts which is why, the image is not showing in the post loop.

Would you please follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps to solve the issue?

- Open this post(hidden link) in WordPress Editor.
- Make a small change in the title.
- On the language meta section, make sure that the options I've marked in this screenshot(hidden link) are selected.
- Save the changes and update the translation as well

Please let me know how it goes. I will be happy to help if you need further assistance in this matter.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

August 2, 2023 at 5:12 pm #14144003

stephanJ-5

Hello, I just tried this but the problem persists.

What else do i need to do?

August 3, 2023 at 11:43 am #14149099

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
Thanks for trying out the suggestions.

As the issue persists, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

August 4, 2023 at 4:07 am #14152503

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,
Thanks for sharing the access information.

I have checked and successfully been able to identify the root cause of the issue. While checking, I found that the post contents are added using the ACF field. However, the Translation preference of those ACF fields was set to "Not Translatable" which was mainly causing the issue.

I made the necessary updates to the Translation preference for the custom fields, resaved the post, and updated the translation which solves the issue. Please check this video(hidden link) for a better understanding.

The translation preference for the custom fields was updated as per this documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/recommended-custom-fields-translation-preferences-for-acf-and-wpml/

As I already have updated the preference, just save each post and update the translation.

Let me know if there is anything else you need help. I will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.