Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I have Loop Carousel in Elementor I use a taxonomy as the dynamic data for it and it does not work on the translated page.

Solution:

- Go to the page edit screen.
- From the top admin language bar change the language to the secondary language.
- In the pop up click the "Edit Anyway" option.
- Go to the Elementor on the translated page.
- Select the translation of the taxonomy as the dynamic data
- Do not touch anything and save the page.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gaborN-2 1 year ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
April 24, 2023 at 1:07 pm

gaborN-2

Loop Carousel Translation

April 24, 2023 at 2:02 pm
April 24, 2023 at 2:03 pm #13528083

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

I will inform you with the result of the troubleshooting.

Thanks

April 24, 2023 at 2:58 pm #13528441

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

Please kindly follow the workaround below to fix the issue:

hidden link

April 24, 2023 at 3:13 pm #13528527

gaborN-2

Hi,

I see, thank you very much for the detailed instructions.

I understand, that this is only a workaround, and I shouldn't do this on other pages/instances, but... when I did something like this the last time (manually editing the page with elementor in the secondary language), I lost the translation to this page made with the ATE. How can I make sure I don't loose these translations?

After manually updating the secondary language page with elementor, and changing something in the default language, would I be able to use the ATE again (even if I have to re-select this template manually again) without loosing translated content?

April 24, 2023 at 3:36 pm #13528635

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Hi there,

If you only fix the template selecting option in the Carousel loop in the second language you will not lose ATE translation and you can continue the work with no issues.

Thanks.

April 26, 2023 at 9:50 am #13539735

gaborN-2

Thank you, this worked for me too, but only by strictly following the video. When I just opened the English page, and in the admin header I clicked on the edit with elementor link, it didn't show me English template, only the Hungarians.

Thank you for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.