Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

MEC shortcodes do not show content on the translated page.

Solution:

1) The shortcode shouldn't be translated, so please use the default language shortcode.

2) The events were drafted, not published, so they appear correctly on the front end after publishing them.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jakobV 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
August 2, 2022 at 8:55 am

jakobV

MEC shortcodes not showing content in translations

August 2, 2022 at 9:38 am
August 2, 2022 at 10:02 am #11784159

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) Could you please login to this sandbox site and upload the MEC plugin only? (hidden link)

After that, please create a test event and translate it, then use the shortcode to retrieve the data. If the issue is replicable, please let me know the steps to reproduce it.

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here. (http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support)
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

August 4, 2022 at 10:05 am #11801629

jakobV

Hey osama,

it seems the calendar works fine at the sandbox!

Could you provide further instructions?

Thank you Jakob 🙂

August 4, 2022 at 11:28 am #11802745

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi Jakob,

Thanks for trying to replicate the issue. I've debugged the issue on your site further and found that the shortcode is translated while on the sandbox site, it's not, so I used the default language shortcode on the English page.

The second thing is that the events are drafted, not published, so I've published some events that appeared correctly. Kindly check this page and let me know if it works perfectly. (hidden link)

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

August 4, 2022 at 11:35 am #11802777

jakobV

Thank you so much Osama, I should have seen that! I learned a lot for the future, thank you so much for your help and explanation! Have a sunny and great day! Jake

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.