Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.24 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 11, 2022 at 8:27 am #12218133

stevenH-12

About 3 months ago I created this ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/variable-products-and-out-of-stock-issue/#post-11483559 where I mentioned a problem with translated products going out of stock without them being out of stock. After some testing it appeared to be a problem with caching and the ticket was marked as resolved. However, with cache settings still being the same as 3 month ago, now, after 3 months the problem is back: variable product translations are going out of stock for no apparent reason. The only thing I can think of is that they go out of stock when the product is bought in the original language.
I also searched the forum and found this ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/variable-product-shows-this-product-is-currently-out-of-stock-and-unavailable-2/#post-6567255 but as it appears I already applied the suggestions for the stock to be copied.

October 11, 2022 at 9:12 am #12218543

stevenH-12

I updated the private message.

October 12, 2022 at 6:31 pm #12229571

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

I've checked your products here in Dutch Language hidden link and I'm able to select variables and add them to the cart without issues.

Did you somehow fix this on your own? If not, could you possibly share a screen recording using this free tool so that I can see the issue that you're facing? You can this tool hidden link

Thanks!

Kor

October 13, 2022 at 8:21 am #12233225

stevenH-12

I don't believe I fixed the actual problem, but my recurring 'fix' is (or was, see below) this, when the problem occurs, it displays an 'out of stock' message for the entire product (not just the variation)
When I then edit the translated product and just save it, without any changes, the message is gone again.
So, as of this moment I don't really know when the problem occurs;
But, as this is a live website, I can't leave the bug open.
I know it only occurs on translations of the variable products.
My estimated guess is that the problem occurs when some variations are bought in the base language (french)

Something I did change to see if it worked was adding an actual stock figure for the products (I added 500 for all variations). I changed this 2 days ago, and as far as I can see, the problem the not return.

This isn't really a solution, as I can't keep adding new stock every time it runs out; but as for now I can't really show you the 'bug'.
The only thing I can say (as I said above) is that it's the entire product that's marked as out of stock, not just any or some variations.

October 14, 2022 at 2:20 pm #12243365

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, we won't be able to help much without being able to replicate it. Maybe you can record a screen recording next time when it happens again? You can use this free tool hidden link

Thanks!

Kor

The topic ‘[Closed] Stock incorrect on translated product’ is closed to new replies.