Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
September 6, 2023 at 9:36 pm #14355201

Klaus Bostelmann

Hi, on "country pages" like hidden link we show posts of that country. For each language we show that page and if the description have been translated they are shown in that respective language.
The title and intro texts are composed from category name (=country) and a text "after" that category name,
Now we would like to customize that title and intro to the respective language of the page. So we save title module and intro text module in DIVI library and translated them, testing it in French.
But the French country page still welcomes me in English.
How can I solve that with DIVI/WPML?
Thanks

I do not follow a special documention but the standard procedure for translating DIVI library elements.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
This page and its French version: hidden link

Screenshot 2023-09-06 185706.png
September 7, 2023 at 3:04 pm #14360983

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. Could you please give me more information about your workflow? I'm not sure to fully understand how you accomplish that.

I understand that the country name is "taken" from the category name: "Germany" in English, "Allemagne" in French but I'm not sure to understand how do you get the rest of the text.

Are they specific custom fields for the category? You mentioned Divi, is it a specific template that is applied for categories? If it's a specific template, don't forget to translate it in "WPML > Translation Management".

Some screenshots or even better a video would help me understand the issue.

September 7, 2023 at 5:39 pm #14362073

Klaus Bostelmann

Thanks for the hint, of course I just forgot to translate...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.