Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
February 17, 2024 at 8:15 am #15313461

berndK-15

Translating the label of dropdown list for my search form turned it into a text input and the dropdown functionality is now gone for my german language.

I would like it to not turn into a text input...

Also, I cannot find the string for the For Sale and For Rent on the homepage at the top. I've tried all of the methods mentioned.

February 19, 2024 at 9:46 am #15316886

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

First of all, sorry for the late reply; it was due to a higher workload. Please try the following steps:

1- Go to WPML-> Theme and plugins localization, select your theme/plugin, and scan
2- Go to WPML-> String Translation
3- Scroll down and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link
4- Search for the needed strings
5- Select the strings
6- Click on the "Add to String Translation" button
7- Then click on the "« Return to String Translation" link
8- Translate the strings, clear the cache, and check the front end

Kindly check our guide to know more about translating texts in the admin texts screen. (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/)

Best regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Translating the label of dropdown list for my search form turned it into a text’ is closed to new replies.