Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
February 6, 2023 at 1:55 am #12964545

Tunde Maria Kovacs

I have a piece of text that even if translated in French from the original English language still appears in English

hidden link

The following text should be in French:

Follow this 4 Step guide:

1: Put your hands under clean warm or cold running water; then turn off the tap, and apply liquid antibacterial soap.

2: Rub your hands together to lather up the soap.

3: Scrub your hands with a gentle hand scrub brush (for a minimum of 20 seconds)

4: Finish by thoroughly rinsing your hands under clean warm or cold running water.

French post displaying English content even if translated.png
Back end translation.png
February 6, 2023 at 2:52 am #12964855

Tunde Maria Kovacs

The post is hidden as private in French language for now, let me know what you need from me later on. Thank you!

February 6, 2023 at 5:27 am #12965269

Tunde Maria Kovacs

Hi, I finally succeeded to make it work but I will tell you exactly what I did. The post was created in the original language, English, and translated in French using the editor. Then I realized the issue of 2 or 3 paragraphs not displaying the translation on mobile? I figured out that any changes cannot be done from the front end builder, so to make changes in French, I had to fake changing something in English, then I could update. Still, I had 20% of my initial translation missing, I finally completed. Extremely painful, it's been years I've been trying to have an easier process. I don't know why all translations were not showing at the beginning,

February 6, 2023 at 7:49 am #12965691

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

Glad that issue is fixed for you. Usually there are caches involved in such scenarios. These can be browser caches and/or from plugin (or server) based. The best is to keep caches clean or refreshed at-least when there are new changes in the site content.

The way you fixed it is a common workaround to trigger a change event.

I'm closing this ticket as resolved since issue no longer persists. Please feel free to open a new one if you run into another issue.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.