Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is unable to connect product categories to the correct links in a secondary language using Elementor's mega menu feature. The links remain in the default language after switching languages.
Solution:
We recommend using the Dynamic content option in Elementor. Go to Dynamic content > Internal URL > Select the category. Make necessary changes to the footer content and save these changes. Afterwards, update the translation to allow WPML to automatically adjust the internal URL when using the Elementor widget Icon List. For further guidance on translating menus, please refer to our documentation: Translating Menus.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems outdated, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket or visit our support forum at WPML Support Forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.56 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Long Nguyen 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Long Nguyen.

Author Posts
July 4, 2024 at 2:35 am

duanmanZ

Background of the issue:
I am trying to connect to my affiliate language on my site hidden link.

Symptoms:
Unable to connect to my affiliate language.

Questions:
How can I connect to my affiliate language using WPML?
Are there specific settings in WPML that I need to configure for affiliate languages?

July 4, 2024 at 3:27 am
July 4, 2024 at 6:49 am #15889452

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Hi,

There is an issue with the Elementor widget Icon List while translating the internal URL. I'm discussing this issue with our 2nd tier support and I will update you here when I have something to share.

Thanks for your patience.

July 5, 2024 at 3:47 am #15895366

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

There is a workaround to fix the issue. Please use the Dynamic content option > Internal URL > Select the category, make some changes to the footer content and save changes. Then update the translation to let WPML adjust the internal URL automatically when using the Elementor widget Icon List.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks

Edit
Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 10.44.50 2024-07-05 10-45-11.png
July 11, 2024 at 6:48 am #15932754
duanmanZ

The new problem I've found is that the content on my regular page isn't being linked to now, after the last time you helped me with it

New threads created by Long Nguyen and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-content-on-my-regular-page-isnt-being-linked/

July 11, 2024 at 2:21 pm #15935827

Long Nguyen
Supporter

Hi,

We limit one issue per ticket only. In this ticket, please focus on the issue with the translation internal URL of the Elementor widget Icon List. Please let me know if the workaround helps you to adjust the internal URL automatically.

I will split your new issue with the content on the regular page into a new ticket for better handling.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.