Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 10, 2023 at 12:32 pm #13622527

Alex Seyed

Hello, so i tried to access the woocommerce brands or categories (backend) for edit purposes and it returned a critical error page.
I also found the following error logs.

αρχείο λήψης.png
May 10, 2023 at 12:58 pm #13622763

Alex Seyed

Also i confirmed that the WPML CMS plugin is the issue by deactivating it.
Something wrong with the code line in the file thats causing the issue?

May 11, 2023 at 1:13 am #13626761

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

If possible please share with me the full error from the error log.

You can copy and paste it here or share it with a service such as we transfer, google drive, or dropbox.

Also, verify you are using the latest version of WPML listed here
https://wpml.org/downloads/

May 11, 2023 at 8:18 am #13628001

Alex Seyed

[09-May-2023 13:23:33 UTC] PHP Warning: foreach() argument must be of type array|object, null given in sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/notices/class-wpml-notices.php on line 480

May 11, 2023 at 6:21 pm #13632677

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

This warning should not cause any issue with your site.

Warnings and Notices in WordPress will not cause your site's function to halt at any time therefore they do not pose a threat to the way your site or plugins are functioning.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. By providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

May 12, 2023 at 8:12 pm #13639261

Bobby
Supporter

Hi there,

This is the full fatal error that is triggered by WooCommerce but it does resolve with WPML disabled indeed.

Do I have your permission to migrate the site to our Cloudways staging environment? It is private, secure and it will allow us to test without the risk of testing on a live site.

[12-May-2023 19:47:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: array_search(): Argument #2 ($haystack) must be of type array, null given in /home/ministry/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/API/Reports/PerformanceIndicators/Controller.php:540
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/API/Reports/PerformanceIndicators/Controller.php(540): array_search()
#1 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\API\Reports\PerformanceIndicators\Controller->format_data_value()
#2 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(205): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#3 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/API/Reports/PerformanceIndicators/Controller.php(437): apply_filters()
#4 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/class-wp-rest-server.php(1181): Automattic\WooCommerce\Admin\API\Reports\PerformanceIndicators\Controller->get_items()
#5 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/class-wp-rest-server.php(1028): WP_REST_Server->respond_to_request()
#6 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api/class-wp-rest-server.php(442): WP_REST_Server->dispatch()
#7 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/rest-api.php(410): WP_REST_Server->serve_request()
#8 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): rest_api_loaded()
#9 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#10 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(565): WP_Hook->do_action()
#11 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php(399): do_action_ref_array()
#12 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp.php(780): WP->parse_request()
#13 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php(1334): WP->main()
#14 /home/ministry/public_html/wp-blog-header.php(16): wp()
#15 /home/ministry/public_html/index.php(17): require('/home/ministry/...')
#16 {main}
  thrown in /home/ministry/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/API/Reports/PerformanceIndicators/Controller.php on line 540

May 15, 2023 at 9:41 am #13646585

Alex Seyed

Hi Bobby,

yes go on.

May 16, 2023 at 4:36 pm #13658205

Bobby
Supporter

Hi Alex,

I have attempted to do the migration but it's failing due to the size of an old error log.

If possible, try the following:

go to wp-content/debug_2.log and delete it -> currently it's 16GB

Additionally, I did try to migrate using a duplicator package but this is not working as expected at the moment. Please let me know once the file has been removed and I will proceed again

May 17, 2023 at 12:10 pm #13664013

Alex Seyed

File removed!

May 18, 2023 at 12:42 am #13668527

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you, I was able to create a duplicator package to test locally.

In the local environment, I am able to access the brand's area without getting an error. The only difference between the local environment and your site is that Wordfence is disabled.

- Please try with Wordfence deactivated and let me know your results.

- Do you currently have a way of testing on a local or staging environment?

Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 5.38.57 PM.png
May 18, 2023 at 9:11 am #13670315

Alex Seyed

I deactivated Wordfence and the issue persists.
At the moment i dont have a testing environment but i create one if needed.

May 18, 2023 at 11:57 pm #13675419

Bobby
Supporter

If that is possible that would be great at the moment I have only been able to test on a local environment where I cannot reproduce this issue to further work on it.

May 19, 2023 at 12:01 pm #13679037

Alex Seyed

Hello Bobby,

I created a staged website.
This is the login link: hidden link
You can login using the same credentials as above.

Thanks.

May 19, 2023 at 9:47 pm #13681543

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you, I was able to remove the fatal error by going to WPML->Settings->Taxonomies Translation and setting Brands to "Not Translatable".

How were Brands created?

I have created a clean sandbox for us with just XSTORE and WPML but do not see the brand taxonomy.

see here: hidden link

Please access it and re create the taxonomy there

May 22, 2023 at 9:05 am #13687503

Alex Seyed

The brands taxonomy is a function of the theme itself.
The XSTORE CORE plugin was missing.
Now it's visible.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.