Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
December 14, 2023 at 8:53 am #15061597

dianaG-8

I am trying to: fix the plugin, and get it to work

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a french flag to go to the french version of the website

Instead, I got: no translation. Error is: The plugin sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist. I hope I have not lost all my translations. I cant post debug info because the plugin is lost.

December 14, 2023 at 8:57 pm #15068765

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kyiv (GMT+03:00)

One of my colleagues will handle your ticket while I provide you with initial debugging steps.

Can you try downloading a new copy of the WPML plugins and installing them manually? Doing so should assist in resolving the issue.

Here's a link to download the plugins: https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-manually-install-wordpress-plugins/

December 15, 2023 at 4:34 am #15069323

dianaG-8

I am just concerned that I will lose all my previous translations. Should I rather restore a backup of my WordPress, to a previous version?

December 15, 2023 at 5:10 am #15069373

dianaG-8

I restored a backup and the french version of the website is now working. I am worried about updating the plugin WPML Multilingual CMS, in case the translation stops working again. Is there a bug in the latest version that would give that error?

December 17, 2023 at 10:38 am #15078667

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) First of all, sorry for the late reply; it was due to a higher workload. WPML's latest update should work correctly without issues.

Please take a backup (Database and Files) and update WPML plugins.
Kindly let me know if you face any critical errors or issues.

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here. (http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support)
The debug info will give me much information about how your site is configured.

Best regards,
Osama

December 19, 2023 at 1:58 am #15088115

dianaG-8

Hi Osama, I have provided my debug info. I have not updated to the latest version of the plug-in because the last time I did that, WPML was deleted from my site. Please check to see if it si OK for me to update the plug-in now?

December 19, 2023 at 8:46 am #15089801

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

1) Thanks for your update. Please take a backup of your site. After that, please update WPML plugins and WordPress core.

Kindly let me know if everything worked correctly after the update.

2) It's not related to the issue, but according to your Debug.info, the WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine, but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. The minimum requirements for WPML are 128 MB. (Kindly check this page https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)

You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file right before the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

/* Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Best regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML not working’ is closed to new replies.