Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problema:
El cliente tiene un sitio habilitado con ATE y desea saber si es posible exportar XLIFF, traducirlo externamente e importarlo de nuevo a WPML, y si la traducción se importará a ATE o cambiará a CTE.
Solución:
Si estás experimentando esto, te recomendamos usar CTE al importar las traducciones a través de XLIFF, ya que CTE capturará los datos importados de XLIFF y podrás editar las traducciones desde el servicio. Con ATE, no podrás hacer esto. Si importas la traducción a través de XLIFF y usas ATE, perderás las traducciones y necesitarás volver a traducir el contenido. Por lo tanto, si vas a importar las traducciones a través de XLIFF, puedes usar CTE o cambiar a traducción manual para poder editar las traducciones.

Es posible que esta solución sea irrelevante, ya sea porque está desactualizada o porque no se aplica a tu caso. Si es así, te sugerimos abrir un nuevo ticket de soporte. También recomendamos encarecidamente revisar los problemas conocidos relacionados, verificar la versión de la solución permanente y confirmar que has instalado las últimas versiones de temas y plugins. Si necesitas más ayuda, no dudes en contactarnos en el foro de soporte de WPML.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Paola Mendiburu 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Paola Mendiburu.

Author Posts
February 16, 2024 at 9:27 pm #15313182

oldrichH

I just have a question. I have a ATE enabled site. Is possible to export xliff, translate it outside and import it back to wpml? Does translation be imported to ATE or will be switched to CTE?

February 17, 2024 at 10:26 am #15313559

oldrichH

Seems to be impossible. Translation loaded from XLIFF is not editable in ATE. Although the translation is completed using the import, if I want to edit it, a completely blank ATE editor is displayed. So this is a very conceptual design...

After switching Edit new translations using CTE, the imported translation is then edited in CTE. I do not understand that CTE is still supported and that ATE does not support any export import. That was probably a deliberate vendor lock. CTE is practically written off long ago, because translations fragments are being randomly disconnected due to autocorrection of HTML code. In addition, it is still absolutely impossible to import from CTE to ATE. The first project I ever used WPML on is a creepy skeleton in the closet that no one will ever put back together.

I assumed there would be some development over the years, but there isn't...

But!? I switched the setting to edit old translation in ATE and 80% of translation appeared in the ATE being imported from string translation somehow!

February 19, 2024 at 10:56 am #15317513

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there!

This is Paola, and I hope you are well!

This is an expected behavior. If you import the translations via XLIFF, it is always advisable to use CTE, as it will catch the imported XLIFF data, and you will be able to edit the translations from the service. With ATE, you cannot do this.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

February 20, 2024 at 8:07 am #15320811

oldrichH

I just wanted to avoid issues with CTE; I didn't mind it, but we are experiencing translation blocks dropping out on our website. According to developers, this is because WP modifies post texts with validation, and then they do not exactly match the translated strings. Based on this, CTE seems unusable to me. We also encounter disappearing blocks on the original side, so to fix it, I have to send the whole page for translation again. This turns translation management into more of a translation chaos and a nightmare...

February 20, 2024 at 9:44 am #15321426

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

I understand you but you cannot use two different methods of translation, if you import translation via xliff if you use ATE you will loose the translations and you will need to retranslate the content.

So if you are going to import the translations via xliff you can or use CTE or change to manual translation in order to edit translations.

February 20, 2024 at 10:40 pm #15324989

oldrichH

Ok, but CTE is deprecated or is not?

February 21, 2024 at 8:57 am #15326091

Paola Mendiburu
Supporter

No, you can use it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.