Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bramD-2 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Riffaz.

Author Posts
May 18, 2020 at 2:18 pm #6158805

bramD-2

Hi,

I am using avada and I have a slider on the top of the page. In my base language they are there, but not in the translation.

They are translated. Any suggestions? I already checked the info:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/using-wpml-with-the-avada-theme/#translating-avada-sliders

You can see this on the homepage.

hidden link

Thx

May 18, 2020 at 2:35 pm #6159021

Riffaz

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

The easiest way is please create two separate sliders.
Each one for one language.

Create a slider from your primary language: hidden link
Create another slider in your second language after changing your dashboard to your secondary language: hidden link

Now in your translated page, you can select the slider you want.

So basically you have to create 2 sliders for two languages.

Let me know if you need anything else regarding this.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 18, 2020 at 2:38 pm #6159115

bramD-2

Yes, but then my languages do not sync anymore. I am using the advanced translation editor.

Regards.

Bram

May 18, 2020 at 2:42 pm #6159129

Riffaz

Hi,

If you switch your language when you on the page using admin bar switcher hidden link you can directly access to your translation page where you can choose the other slider.

but then my languages do not sync anymore
- I do not understand this
- by trying the above solution are you loosing your translations?

Please let me know after checking this.

Regards,

May 18, 2020 at 2:49 pm #6159203

bramD-2

In the past, when you changed language there was always a warning that WP would make a copy from that page and so the language would not sync anymore. I would be a copy that excists next to the original. So when you change something in the original, the translated copy had to be changed manually.

But that does not matter. This worked! Thx

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.