Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.34 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
March 9, 2022 at 5:54 am #10745915

robbE

Because of strange policy of closing tickets without confirmation from client who created it - proceeding with https://wpml.org/forums/topic/purchased-license-show-site-key-not-matching-and-relies-to-infinite-cycle/

In our case URL of website stays the same, as we are not using plugin for migration but doing that using wp cli.

So, in details:
Provided test case by support:
site1: valid key for site1 and domain name site1
site2: valid key for site1 and domain name site2 (including domain name in wp_options, etc)

our case is:
site1: valid key and domain name site1
site2: valid key for site1 and domain name still site1 in all settings, except web server, which is configured to site2 and request done through wp cli (even without any parameters)

that could be a cause.

March 10, 2022 at 8:44 pm #10762973

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support service. Your issue might be related to: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/incorrect-otgs_installer_site_key_wpml-value-crashes-admin-panel/ which exhausts all the server resources when an invalid key is provided.

Can you please, give a look at the related ticket and let me know if your issue is related? Just asking, because if so, it is something already escalated to our second level support and it is under investigation. For your case, do you see the issue if you re-register your migrated website with a new valid key? I understand you are using a wp-cli approach, however, as said the issue with the invalid key might be related and I would need to wait the result of our investigation from our second level support team.

Please, let me know these details, so, we can move forward to a resolution. Have a nice day.

March 11, 2022 at 5:41 am #10765337

robbE

This looks very similar. Nice that at least someone can escalate to 2nd level, as I'm trying to figure out this for a month... 🙁

March 11, 2022 at 2:41 pm #10769643

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the confirmation. I checked our issue tracker and noticed the issue is now escalated to our developers for a permanent fix. I will let you know as soon as I have further details. For now, as a workaround, please, register your migrated website with a new valid key.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Have a nice day.