Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to see the links they added to the Hungarian version of their website in the Advanced Translation Editor (ATE). They were specifically having trouble with links within the 'Text editor' block of Elementor.

Solution:
We recommended that the client search for the text 'HTTP' within the ATE to locate all the links. This method proved successful, and the client was able to see and translate the links. Additionally, we suggested that the client include checking for non-visible elements, such as links, in their workflow, as these might not always be immediately apparent even when the ATE indicates that the page is 100% translated. If the client needs to clear the cache to see the updates, they should do so.

If this solution does not seem relevant to your issue, please feel free to open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.64 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by istvanM 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
November 26, 2023 at 4:18 pm #14925315

istvanM

Hi, I'm making the translation of this site: hidden link

Everything was OK, I did the translation using the ATE.
But: when I finished translation, I modified a bit the original (Hungarian) version, ie I added links to the image boxes (see attached screenshot)These are the links:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

But unfortunately these links, which were added to the Hungarian page, can not be seen on the the Translation Editor. How should I update the English translation? Should I simply use the block editor (Elementor in this case) on the English page?

Thanks

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 17.17.05.png
November 27, 2023 at 6:22 pm #14933839

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

November 28, 2023 at 3:40 pm #14941511

istvanM

Hi Kor,
Thank you for your help. I could replicate what you proposed, so my issue is closed. What is strange for me a little bit, that even the ATE shows the page 100% translated, I should search for links separately. I think I should add this to my workflow - probably this could be applied all non visible elements on the page.
Thanks again 🙂

istvanM confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-11-28 15:40:50.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.