Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
September 25, 2023 at 10:42 am #14457211

robinM-14

I am trying to: translate a new post/site/...

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: any page

I expected to see: translation window

Instead, I got: blank window

Tested different broswers, same problem.

blank.jpg
September 25, 2023 at 9:13 pm #14462339

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

1. Please go to WPML > Support > Advanced Translation editor > Error Logs, and check if you can see any errors there.

2. Please provide us with the WordPress debug.log, this will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

And change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
// Disable display of errors and warnings which is recommended on a live site.
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors',0);

Then try to reproduce the issue and check if any errors were saved to the debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to https://pastebin.com/ and provide me that link, it would be great!

Kind regards,
Mohamed

September 28, 2023 at 8:29 am #14479687

robinM-14

Dear Mohamed,

thank you for your reply.

There have been 49 errors in WPML > Support > Advanced Translation editor > Error Logs: please refer the link: https://pastebin.com/ATMTvR2G

Please find the error log here: https://pastebin.com/SuhUbyba

Looking forward to your comments.

Thank you.

BRs

September 30, 2023 at 8:29 am #14490773

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

- I couldn't find any clues in the two files, the translation editor's log does not show any new entries that could be related and the WordPress debugging log is only showing some deprecated warnings.

- Please check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps:

1. Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
2. Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.
3. If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database and website before performing the above test ❌

Let me know please how that goes.

October 9, 2023 at 7:18 am #14536337

robinM-14

Dear Mohamed,

thank you for your reply.

I will make sure to test the recommended steps but please allow some time until next week since I´m on vacation right now. Thank you

BRs

October 9, 2023 at 7:29 am #14536509

Mohamed Sayed

Sure, take your time. I will be waiting for your feedback.

Kind regards

October 16, 2023 at 10:36 am #14583763

robinM-14

Dear Mohamed,

I have deactivated all plugins except WPML and the problem still persists.

Also when using theme Twenty Twenty-Three and only WPML plugings the problem persits. I can share a video that shows the problem if necessry.

please advise. Thank you!

October 16, 2023 at 3:50 pm #14586617

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) so I can investigate this issue further.
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website before providing us with access details ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I would also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

If you don't see the form below, please don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks for your cooperation

October 19, 2023 at 11:55 am #14614543

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Robin,

I imported a copy of the site to perform more tests, but I couldn't find more clues.

The issue is escalated to our 2nd tier support team for further investigation and I will update you once I get their reply.

October 22, 2023 at 2:29 pm #14631113

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

The issue was escalated to our ATE developers team and they're working on fixing it. I will update you here once the issue is fixed.

Thanks for your patience!

November 23, 2023 at 11:15 am #14906921

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

Our developers released the fix for this issue with ATE. Please check and let us know if you still have any problems with creating translations.

Kind regards,
Mohamed

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.