Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to open WPML to translate a page and was experiencing this issue across all pages.

Solution:
We asked the client to check the ATE Error logs by navigating to WPML->Support->ATE Error logs and to share the top 5 errors. We also inquired if the issue occurred with all translations and what the results were when attempting to add a translation for a different page/post.

We requested temporary access to the client's site, both wp-admin and FTP, emphasizing the importance of taking a full backup before proceeding. We suggested using the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.

After receiving access, we performed some troubleshooting actions from WPML->Support->Troubleshooting. The issue was resolved, and the client was advised to go to Pages, click on the "gear icon" to open the ATE translation editor, and proceed with the translation.

If you're experiencing a similar issue, we recommend checking the ATE Error logs and trying the troubleshooting actions available in WPML->Support->Troubleshooting. If the problem persists, please ensure you have a full backup and consider providing temporary access to our support team for further assistance.

Please note that the solution provided might be outdated or not applicable to your case. We highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue remains unresolved, do not hesitate to open a new support ticket. You can reach our support forum here.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
April 16, 2024 at 5:12 pm #15527387

jose-luiso

Tell us what you are trying to do? Trying to open WPML to translate a page

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 19.10.33.png
April 16, 2024 at 5:20 pm #15527467

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

Please go to WPML->Support->ATE Error logs and share with me the top 5 errors logged there.

Also, does this happen with all translations? What are your results if you attempt to add a translation for a different page/post?

April 16, 2024 at 5:28 pm #15527653

jose-luiso

0 erros there.

it´s happening in all pages

April 16, 2024 at 6:55 pm #15528060

jose-luiso

Hello? Still need help

April 17, 2024 at 8:30 am #15530134

jose-luiso

Hello, Still need assistance

April 17, 2024 at 8:00 pm #15534761

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed It is necessary to take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website. Providing us with access, you agree that a backup has been taken **

I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

April 19, 2024 at 7:06 pm #15544947

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

Did you recently migrate your site?

I have run a few troubleshooting actions from WPML->Support->Trobuleshooting and it looks like it is working OK now.

Go to Pages-> click on the "gear icon" to open the ATE translation editor and you should be able to finish the translation now.

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 12.05.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 12.04.53 PM.png
April 20, 2024 at 11:46 pm #15546551

jose-luiso

I didn´t do anything, but it´s working now. I don´t understand it

jose-luiso confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-20 23:46:28.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.