Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're using Bricks Builder with WPML and notice that elements are not appearing in the correct order within the Advanced Translation Editor, especially on pages with a large number of elements.
Solution:
We have identified that this issue occurs under specific circumstances and have communicated with the Bricks Builder development team. They have acknowledged the bug and are currently working on a fix. While waiting for the update, we recommend manually creating content rather than using copy/paste or block duplication, as this has shown to work correctly in our tests.
Please note that the solution provided here might not be applicable to your situation if it's outdated or not relevant to your specific case. We highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and ensuring that you have the latest versions of themes and plugins installed. If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 week, 5 days ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
April 5, 2024 at 1:33 pm #15488371

gaborN-2

Hi,

I'm creating a site with Bricks Builder. Eventhough WPML doesn't openly advertise it's support for Bricks, Bricks states that it's compatible with WPML (hidden link).

All the things I'm trying to do with WPML works as I expect (except for the header translation), but for some reason, for most of the time, bricks elements are not appearing IN ORDER in the Advanced Translation Editor. Every element is there, but for most of the pages, not in order (according to their position in the page content).

For a page containing 1-20 elements, it's not a huge, problem, but I have pages, where I have 100+ elements. There it gets messy pretty quick.

Could you please provide a fix for this, or arrange a fix with the Bricks dev team?

Thanks!

April 8, 2024 at 7:58 am #15492839

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I created a minimal installation of WordPress, WPML, and all necessary WPML add-ons.

You can access the WordPress dashboard using the link below:
- hidden link

Kindly follow the steps below:
- Set up WPML
- Install the necessary theme and plugin.
- Try to replicate the issue.
- Share with me step by step guide on how can I check the issue

This will help us to report the probable issue to the compatibility team and solve the possible problem faster.

Regards,
Drazen

April 8, 2024 at 12:51 pm #15494173

gaborN-2

Hi Drazen,
I installed the BricksBuilder theme, and activated the WPML plugins, then created the home page with ~60 elements. Now when you open up the page for translation in the ATE, your can clearly see the issue.
Ben

April 8, 2024 at 1:32 pm #15494381

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for getting back and taking the time to reproduce this.

I have escalated this to our compatibility team and will update you soon.

Regards,
Drazen

April 8, 2024 at 1:46 pm #15494468

gaborN-2

Thank you!

April 10, 2024 at 6:32 am #15502289

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for the patience we checked but can not reproduce the same issue with the latest versions of Bricks and WPML.

Once you create a page with Bricks and you translate it, if you add new content, it appears at the end. This is expected and normal ATE behavior.

Could you please indicate to me how to reproduce the issue on sandbox? For us, the content appears in ATE in the same order that it was added in Bricks.

Please provide a video of your steps and the issue happening, so we can cleary see what happens.

Regards,
Drazen

April 10, 2024 at 1:23 pm #15504985

gaborN-2

Hi Drazen,

I explained exactly how I reproduced the issue, and you can see it on the sandbox site as well, even now.

hidden link
hidden link

On the first screenshot, you can see the content on the original language.

On the second screenshot, you can clearly see the issue, that the heading 1-3 is on the top, followed by content 1-3, then it follows the right order. So for at least part of the page, the order of the inputs in ATE are not the same, as on the original language.

Ben

April 10, 2024 at 1:59 pm #15505314

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Ben,

thanks for getting back.

Yes, you have explained, but we suspect that all content is not being added at the same time, since the issue is not reproducible by us.

Once you create a page with Bricks and you translate it, if you add new content, it appears at the end. This is expected and normal ATE behavior.

I have tried what you have explained and I can see the content for the translation in the same order, please check the video:

- hidden link

Regards,
Drazen

April 10, 2024 at 2:17 pm #15505353

gaborN-2

Hi,

What do you mean it's not reproducible by you? You created the pages that I took the screenshots of, so you did reproduce it. The issue is, that in the ATE, the content fields are not in order. Even, if you add another module afterwards, and it's showing at the bottom in the ATE, the order of the rest are still messed up.

I created a page as well, same site, same everything, but a different content update, and the issue is there.

hidden link

Please, please, try to figure it out.

Ben

April 11, 2024 at 6:16 am #15507098

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Ben,

thanks for getting back, not sure if you checked my video, but as you can see there it works fine and shows in order.

Now after checking your video, I managed to reproduce and spotted a step/information we where missing, the content needs to be in a block, and then the issue happens.

I am sharing this with our 2nd tier to continue the investigation.

I will update you soon.

Regards,
Drazen

April 11, 2024 at 6:21 am #15507103

gaborN-2

Hi Drazen,

I haven't noticed, that the content needs to be in a block, but it could be...
Thanks for the update.

Ben

April 16, 2024 at 9:02 am #15523647

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello,

thanks for your patience, we have found that the issue happens in specific steps, and we are checking further and we will contact and share this with theme author.

In the meantime, I would recommend verifying if manually creating the content (not using copy/paste or block duplication) helps. It works fine then in the examples we tried.

Regards,
Drazen

April 19, 2024 at 6:58 am #15541962

gaborN-2

Hi,
Well, while creating the content fully manually may solve the issue temprarly, I think this should be handled by the plugin. Some of the pages are very big, and I can't do it fully sequentially. Even if I do, when I go back to editing, and I'm inserting a heading to the beginning of the page, it would get added as the last element in the ATE, which is very annoying.

So please let me know when you hear back from the author, or you find something upon further investigating. Please keep the ticket open until you have some new information.
Ben

April 19, 2024 at 9:09 am #15542493

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Hello Ben,

we have heard back from the author, and they updated us that they are aware of this bug and are working on it.

I advise further checking with them on the ETA and status of this, since from our side there is not much we can do or change, it needs an update in the theme code.

Hope this makes sense, let me know if any doubts.

Regards,
Drazen

April 19, 2024 at 9:22 am #15542574

gaborN-2

Ok, thanks!

gaborN-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-04-19 09:22:40.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.