Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
August 22, 2023 at 2:35 pm #14272265

annikaN-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? Translate listings

Is there any documentation that you are following? There is no good documentation on this

Is there a similar example that we can see? The Swedish listing example (Swedish is the main language) hidden link
This is the English translation and the Faciliteter (this is under the picture and title Faciliteter
Sand- & Klippstrand Bilväg/Buss + Vandra 200m Inga faciliteter) from the Swedish page doesn't show when I use the translator so where can I in you plugin set up so I can translate this also
hidden link

What is the link to your site? This is just a test page on a subdomain hidden link

August 22, 2023 at 3:32 pm #14272619

annikaN-2

I also saw that the Distans over the map is not picked up for translation

August 23, 2023 at 8:24 am #14275753

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

Please try to translate the strings using WPML-> String Translation. If you didn't find the strings, kindly try the following steps:

1- Go to WPML-> Theme and plugins localization, select your theme/plugin, and scan
2- Go to WPML-> String Translation
3- Scroll down and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link
4- Search for the needed strings
5- Select the strings
6- Click on the "Add to String Translation" button
7- Then click on the "« Return to String Translation" link
8- Translate the strings, clear the cache, and check the front end

Kindly check our guide to know more about translating texts in the admin texts screen. (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/)

Best regards,
Osama

August 23, 2023 at 10:58 am #14277741

annikaN-2

Hi again,
Thank you for your answer but this doesn't work, it doesn't find the strings to translate. I have worked with your plugin for years and I know this ways.
But the problem is really that when you translate a listing to another language. It doesn't pick up some things like the Faciliteter and Plats, as I mention before and I can of course go to the flag in the top menu and change languge and do it but this doesn't work for us because this website going to have a lot of content and different people tranlating so it most work smooth. And one of the biggest reason we choosed Directorist was that it was compatible with WPML

Thanks,
Annika

August 23, 2023 at 11:05 am #14277801

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Annika,

Please login to this sandbox site and upload the Directorist plugin. (hidden link)

After that, please create a listing and translate it to replicate the issue. If the issue is replicable, please let me know the steps to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for your cooperation

Best regards,
Osama

August 23, 2023 at 11:23 am #14277973

annikaN-2

Hi again,
But then I need to install directorist + a lot of other plugins and do my templates etc. Isn't better that you go in to my test website and check how I can pick up this things in the translation?

Thanks,
Annika

August 23, 2023 at 11:40 am #14278089

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Annika,

It's better to replicate the issue on the fresh installation to avoid any plugin conflict, but I can check the issue on your site first to see if it has a quick fix.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your answer will be private, meaning only you and I can access it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate the Plugins and the Theme and change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Best regards,
Osama

August 23, 2023 at 12:42 pm #14278501

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Annika,

Thanks for the access details. I set the following custom fields to be translatable.

• _custom-text
  • _custom-feature-list
  • After that, the mentioned strings appeared correctly in the translation editor. I tested it on the following listing. (hidden link)

Please update another listing in the default language and translate it to check if the issue is fixed.

If the issue is fixed, please check the following steps to fix it on your live site:

1- Go to WPML-> Settings-> Custom Fields translation section
    2- Click "Show system fields"
    3- Search for the above fields and set them to "Translate"
    4- Save
    5- Edit the listing in the default language and update it
    6- Update the translation

Best regards,
    Osama

August 23, 2023 at 1:32 pm #14278657

annikaN-2

Thank you ever so much, great everything seems to work fine and this was what I had in mind but couldn't find it.
    Annika

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.