Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was experiencing inconsistent language in WooCommerce emails, with some strings appearing in the wrong language. This issue persisted even when all plugins were disabled, and it was exacerbated by plugins that hook into WooCommerce emails, such as 'germanized' and 'Kadence email designer'. The client suspected that the problem was related to the main installation language not being English and that WPML was not respecting the 'wpml_language' meta field of an order when creating emails.

Solution:
We investigated the issue by disabling all plugins and re-enabling them one by one. We discovered that disabling the 'GeoDirectory Multilingual' plugin caused the order interface to revert to English and the email language inconsistency issue did not replicate. This suggests that the 'GeoDirectory Multilingual' plugin might be causing the language translation issue. Unfortunately, further investigation was halted due to a critical error on the staging site after re-enabling the plugins. We advised the client to restore from a backup so we could continue debugging.

If you're experiencing similar issues with the language of your WooCommerce emails, we recommend checking for plugin conflicts, particularly with 'GeoDirectory Multilingual', and ensuring that your site's main language is set correctly. If the solution provided here is not relevant to your case, possibly because it's outdated or not applicable, please open a new support ticket. We also highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you need further assistance, please contact us in the WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.17 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ilyes 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Ilyes.

Author Posts
January 20, 2024 at 11:44 am #15207089

holgerD-8

In regards to

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/once-again-email-languages-in-woocommerce/

got a new order with the usual problems in woo mails. I would like to send over the wrong emails to see the problem.

Long Nguyen was helping out before

January 23, 2024 at 2:37 pm #15217729

Ilyes
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Pacific/Easter (GMT-06:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML support team,

I checked your previous tickets about this, and I see that my colleague was hoping if you could share a new email where the issue occurred.

Could you please share access to your admin user and guide me where I could see that email,

It is important to note that you should back up your site and database before proceeding, and you can use a plugin like Duplicator for this purpose. Here’s a link to the plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you do not see the form below, please do not enter your credentials, as they will be publicly exposed:

hidden link

For your privacy and security, please ensure that you make your reply a private one.

Best regards,

January 23, 2024 at 2:42 pm #15217741

holgerD-8

Hi Ilyes, no Admin login needed (anyways not possible to the live site. Only staging site). Please send me an email address (or alternative) where i can forward/upload the mentioned emails for a first look.

thank you and best regards
H.

January 23, 2024 at 2:58 pm #15217795

Ilyes
Supporter

Hi again,

If the issue is not replicated easily, nor we have access to your site (at least staging), this really limits how much we can learn about the issue.

I understand that we already asked for a way to replicate this and that this is not possible, I hope for your understanding in terms of how much we can help in such case,

With that said, you could send it to my email ilyes.b@onthegosystems.com ,

Thanks!

January 23, 2024 at 3:03 pm #15217820

holgerD-8

As written, staging yes.

I´ll send you the emails to your address.

Also on staging it will happen at a certain point. I tried to explain what to do in the referenced link to the conversation with Long.

January 24, 2024 at 7:52 pm #15223705

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello again,

I do see the email you sent, the content is in German even though the subject is in Italian,

We did have similar cases before where the email is always sent in default language, could you send the access to your staging site, I would like to take a closer look at the order that got the email in wrong language. Please share the link to one example.

If you do not see the form below, please do not enter your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:

hidden link

Furthermore, we would like to ask you to enable debug information for this matter, which will provide us with more insights about your website. You may refer to this link for instructions on how to do this: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Looking forward to your response.

January 30, 2024 at 4:07 am #15241393

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. Firstly, thank you for your patience throughout this troubleshooting process.

Upon thorough examination of our forums and similar cases, it appears that a few incidents have been attributed to third-party plugins. However, as you've already tested this possibility without success, and due to my limited ability to replicate the issue firsthand, further investigation is necessary.

Currently, my observations are limited to instances where German strings appear in Italian emails when a particular string is not translated (screenshot: hidden link). This is an expected behavior.

I also see that you have already tried re-translating these strings before, so we will avoid that.

Regarding Kadence, it seems unlikely that it is related to the issue at hand. The environments are distinctly different, and some cases involving Kadence emails were successfully replicated, aiding in the debugging process.

In all honesty, I intend to make several additional attempts using varied settings, devices, IPs, and locations, with the hope of replicating the issue.

In the meantime, could you help me identify any patterns among the incorrect emails? This might involve looking for common variables such as language, location, product type, payment method, or email type.

I've already discussed with our team the need for a replication guide, as suggested by Itamar before. Without a comprehensive guide, we might not be able to locate the cause.

I understand the frustration such issues can cause. Random problems like these are often more challenging to debug than they appear.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

February 2, 2024 at 3:49 pm #15260088

holgerD-8

i sent you an email. Did you get it?

February 2, 2024 at 10:44 pm #15261408

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello,

I do not think so, I can't seem to find any emails under my work inbox,

Could you please share it again in this ticket?

Thank you 🙂 !

February 3, 2024 at 4:45 pm #15262527

holgerD-8

i wrote:

"Hi Ilyes, I’m on the run the next three days and can’t answer. It might be best when I make a fresh copy of the live site. There is no germanized pro installed (to many problems in regards of emails), only germanized. Pro might not be completely translated on staging and just creating more variables to find the problem. On the Live site everything is translated. What do you think?

Best
H.
"

Nevertheless and besides germanized, Kadence, ecc ... what wonders me especially in one of the "wrong" emails i sent you is the woo standard table of products in the wrong language. This is consistent with wrong footers from time to time. What i am trying to say: i´m pretty sure it´s not about plugins.

In regards of a replication manual -> I still don´t know when and why it happens. How many orders have you made? I would say up to 30 (always a new user, never logged in as admin in the same browser, no set cookies from the order before ecc, ... a "virgin client") it needs to create the random error.

February 7, 2024 at 4:47 pm #15277908

Ilyes
Supporter

Hey,

I didn't make that many orders, I will keep spamming order in the staging site hoping i make it replicate.

And yes, I made sure I use it on incognito mode everytime, I will let you know once I get results.

Best,

February 9, 2024 at 2:27 pm #15286532

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello,

Have you changed the password on the staging site? for the username WPML .

The old password doesn't seem to work anymore.

February 12, 2024 at 5:06 pm #15294190

holgerD-8

Hi Ilyes, i see you are doing orders on the staging site.

To see wrong strings you need to login in another browser or private tab, switch your admin language to something different than the language of the order and trigger whatever email in the backend. Thats when most of the problems occure.

Triggered emails in the FrontEnd most of the time works fine.

Switching the language (well, USING your admin language thats different from the customer language) in the BackEnd confuses wpml and creates the wrong strings.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-and-woo-emails-the-never-ending-story/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/once-again-email-languages-in-woocommerce/

February 13, 2024 at 4:27 pm #15298870

Ilyes
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, I have been trying multiple different scenarios but no luck so far,

The admin language is set to German, and I'm ordering in Italian.

I'm opening a new private tab every time to do the order as a completely new user and changing my IP with a VPN, each time from a different country.

February 13, 2024 at 5:32 pm #15299099

holgerD-8

Hi Ilyes, thanks for trying. I do see all mails from staging that get sent. It seems all mails are triggered from the FrontEnd. To see the problem you mostly must trigger the emails in BackEnd (sending packages, resend order confirmation, ecc). Go into one order in BackEnd and see what emails you can trigger. Send Packages ... those triggered emails have a 50% chance of going wrong 😉

This second I got two new (half, some strings) wrong ones on the live site. I´ll send them to your mail address above. Interesting, that those two are triggered in the FrontEnd it seems. Mmh, still can´t find the logic. These are mails to the customer i do get in copy.

Most interesting: in the mail "Il tuo pagamento per l'ordine 19568" everything is IT, but the products (that are IT in the other mails) are DE ...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.