Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
August 7, 2023 at 12:15 pm

abdalla-khaled-ahmed-mohamedB

I want to use the "Translate link targets" tool, but instead of the 10000+- posts I was expecting it is scanning 470000 posts.

August 7, 2023 at 1:23 pm
August 9, 2023 at 4:08 am #14172761

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
I hope you're doing well.

I checked the entire conversation you had with my colleague Eran and I will be handling this ticket.

I logged in to your site and found that except for WPML and its add-ons, all the plugins are disabled. But, while checking the wp-config file, I noticed that you've configured object caching on your site. To debug the issue in a minimal environment, I disabled the Object caching and right after that, a fatal error occurred on your site and I can't access the backend.

Unfortunately, the FTP access you've shared is also not working. Could you kindly share the correct FTP information so that I can fix the Fatal error and continue the debugging? I enabled the private field for you so that you can securely share the information. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Thank you for your cooperation and patience in this matter. Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

August 9, 2023 at 11:27 pm
August 11, 2023 at 6:18 am #14185939

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for sharing the FTP information.

I thoroughly have checked your site and database and have been able to trace a probable cause of the issue. Before that, I'd like to share the purpose of the "Translate link target" feature in WPML.

The translate link target feature will basically scan through all the posts (General posts, pages, and Media) and adjust the target of any internal link to ensure that the link points to the corresponding translated page. It is worth noting that if you update the post properly by adding the correct link, you don't have to use the Translate link target tools to adjust the target. While translating the post, the link targets will be adjusted automatically. I hope you can understand.

Now, upon investigation, I've noticed that the wp_posts table within the database contains over 1,500,000 records. Yet, upon closer examination, I also noticed that a majority of these posts contain hyperlinks within their content. Please check this screenshot(hidden link) for a better understanding.

For your information, many hyperlinks are also included in the description of images. As I already mentioned, this tool will scan through all the posts, the links attached with the images have also been counted.

So, the number that appears while scanning is a combined number of posts that contains links. I hope you can understand.

For now, you can run the tool and please wait till the scanning is completed. Once it is done, you don't need to run it again. Let me add again that if you added the link correctly and update the post, it is not required to run that tool. The links will be adjusted at the time of translation.

I hope I'm able to clarify things for you. If you need further assistance or clarification in this matter, feel free to let me know. I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.