Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client needed to update the English pages with changes made in the French default language but found that the changes were not synchronizing automatically.
Solution:
We recommended creating a full website backup before attempting any solution. After securing the backup, we advised the client to follow the steps provided in our forum post on how to update changes for the default language in the advanced translator. This process involves using the WPML's translation management features to synchronize content between languages.
Here is the documentation we provided:

If the solution provided is not relevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking the related known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still encounter issues, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket in our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
January 30, 2024 at 11:21 pm #15246806

Mylene

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I updated an old website I hadn't touched since 2020. I could NOT found the original language it was made in. In WPML > languages, default is French.
So I went back and made changes in all the pages in French. Took me hours.
Then I clicked the pencil icon to update pages in English with changes made. It does NOT update in English.
Do I have to redo all pages and English again?
How to update English pages from changes made in French?
hidden link

January 31, 2024 at 11:41 pm #15252376

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Please create a full website backup and then see if the solution here works:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-update-changes-for-the-default-language-in-the-advanced-translator/

Please let me know how things go.

Mihai Apetrei

February 1, 2024 at 7:54 pm #15256862

Mylene

I had to finish this project so I redid everything by hand, I could not wait so long. Thank you for checking.

Mylene confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-01 19:54:16.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.