Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
September 5, 2022 at 2:38 pm #11990543

stefanM-7

I am trying to:
Widgets for diffrent languages are not working

See Images, one widget should only show in German, the other in English.
But both are shown at the same time at the webpage.

hidden link

That did work in the past. What do I do wrong?

Screenshot 20220905-002.jpg
Screenshot 20220905-001.jpg
September 5, 2022 at 3:12 pm #11990811

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

As I can understand you are using 2 widgets and defining each language per widget.

Since this feature is for classic widgets and I am not sure how correctly is this feature working, why not translate the widget into String Translation?

It is a simple text widget and you can have different content per language.

PLease also check here : https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/#translating-widgets-using-string-translation

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

September 7, 2022 at 7:56 am #12002577

stefanM-7

I use classic widgets. I didnt install string translation, why add more and more plugins, if there are features.

Oh I forgot, the features doesnt work. Why fix it, when you have additional code, which slows down the page and you need to go to other menus for translation (more complicated), instead of fixing bugs?

Oh I forgot, cant be fixed with a short reply and would be work...

Is this here calles Support or find a workaround?

September 7, 2022 at 8:39 am #12002971

Andreas

First of all my apologies but We are trying our best in order to help our customers.

There is no need to be agressive.

I have already checked your debug info from the beginning, but I cannot see that you are using Classic Widgets plugin.

However, I suggested this solution to another customer and it fixed the issue for him.

Can you please check this errata :
https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-4-5-9-widgets-are-shown-in-all-languages-if-classic-widgets-plugin-is-enabled/

Please apply the solution described there and share with me the results.

Do not forget to take a backup before doing anything in your installation.

Regards,
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.