Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
October 12, 2023 at 12:35 pm #14566117

alexeyK-12

"Hi!
We can not open this page in any language hidden link hidden link
It is supposed to be like that hidden link
We wanted to check this problem, which you and I discussed a year ago https://wpml.org/forums/topic/14-the-members-directory-does-not-work-properly/#bbp-new-topic , whether it is still relevant, but we could not even open the right page."

Please need your help.

October 13, 2023 at 8:27 am #14570783

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Please list the steps to replicate the issue and I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

Also, I noticed that your “WP Memory Limit” PHP limit is below the required 128MB or recommended 256MB as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to increase this PHP value for yousc and also, ask them to update the MySQL version to 5.6+?

October 16, 2023 at 9:50 am #14583225

alexeyK-12

Hi!

Have you seen my previous private message?

October 16, 2023 at 9:52 am #14583231

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

I apologize for any delays caused by the weekend. I have indeed received your private message, and I will promptly investigate the matter. I will get back to you with a response as soon as possible.

October 16, 2023 at 8:18 pm #14588767

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

It worked fine when I visited the links below. Is this what you want and you're trying to change the URL slug to the correct language?

hidden link - RU
hidden link - UK
hidden link - EN

October 19, 2023 at 12:41 pm #14614883

alexeyK-12

Hello!
Thanks, we've figured it out already.

Another question:
Is Member Type supposed to be set manually or it is done automatically?
The instructors and students filter on the English page works fine, and the Member Type is set here hidden link but it is not in Ukrainian hidden link and russian. And because of this, the filter does not work in these languages, as we understand. We tried to put
the Member type in Ukrainian for some users manually and it worked, but is it possible to do it automatically? Why is the Member type set only when a user signs up in English?

hidden link

October 19, 2023 at 5:10 pm #14618105

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Are you saying you'd like to have this option auto-selected on the translated members profile as shown in the attached screenshot? hidden link

Screenshot_150.png
October 20, 2023 at 12:11 pm #14623193

alexeyK-12

yes, we want this parameter to be automatically translated, since the instructor can have courses in different languages, so can the student

October 20, 2023 at 1:25 pm #14623809

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

Could you please attempt to choose the "copy" option, as indicated in the attached screenshot, for the "Custom Fields Translation"?

Enabling this option will instruct WPML to replicate the chosen "Member Type" from the primary language to the translated language.

Next, create a new user and select a member type, then verify if the selection is indeed copied over to the translated page.

Screenshot_156.png
October 26, 2023 at 9:28 am #14668637

alexeyK-12

Hello!
We did as you suggested but it didn't work. In the Ukrainian language worked only what we changed manually.

Video:hidden link

October 27, 2023 at 3:22 pm #14681029

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I can see the issue now and I will need to escalate this further to our 2nd Tier Support. Could you replicate the issue here on our sandbox site so that we could isolate the issue? hidden link

Alternatively, with your permission, we can create a snapshot from your Website.

For this purpose, we typically recommend using the free plugin "Duplicator." If you are already familiar with how Duplicator works ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and simply send me the archive file you downloaded.

To assist you further, please follow these instructions:
Watch the Duplicator instructions video: hidden link

Refer to the instructions provided by WPML on how to provide supporters a copy of your site: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the archive file exceeds 400MB in size, please utilize Duplicator's file filters to exclude the cache, wp-uploads directory, media, and archive files.

Once you have the archive file, please share the link with us. You can use services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar platforms as the snapshot file will likely be large.

Please note that your next reply will be private, visible only to you and me. You can paste the link to the file there. Rest assured that once the issue is resolved, I will delete the local site.

October 31, 2023 at 6:39 am #14696719

alexeyK-12

Hello

is it possible to do this with the All-in-One WP Migration plugin?

October 31, 2023 at 6:57 am #14696799

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we can try that. Please upload the files to Google Drive and share me a private access link.

November 6, 2023 at 1:18 pm #14738019

alexeyK-12

Please, do not close the ticket. We work on many things simultaneously, so we need more time.
We will reply as soon as possible.

November 6, 2023 at 2:16 pm #14738775

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

No problems at all. Please take your time.

The topic ‘[Closed] 18. The Members Directory does not work properly.’ is closed to new replies.