Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by philipW-9 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 14, 2020 at 11:45 am #5493999

philipW-9

I would like to customize the dropdown list of the language switcher. I installed WPML and translated the first site - everything working fine. But the style is not really fitting / suitable for me

I would like my language drop-down to look like this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#custom-locations

check out the image: Menu language switcher after applying the custom CSS

February 14, 2020 at 3:51 pm #5495709

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Please try the following steps and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Visit WPML>>Languages>>Menu language switcher
2) Click on Edit icon
3) Unselect *Native language name* and *Language name in current language* options of *What to include in the language switcher:* section
4) Save the changes

Please check the attached images and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-02-14_2118.png
2020-02-14_2117.png
February 14, 2020 at 5:04 pm #5496035

philipW-9

Hi there,

still have this issue that the space is too much. See the image attached.

Unbenannt.JPG
February 15, 2020 at 8:50 am #5498745

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. This may be happening because of compatibility issues with the theme. Please try the following steps and check you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Visit WPML>>Languages
2) Scroll down to *Language switcher options* section
3) Click on *Additional CSS* link
4) Add the following code in *Additional CSS* field. It will save the changes automatically

#et-secondary-nav li>ul {
    width: 50px;
    height: 50px;
}

5) Then visit homepage in the frontend. Reload the page and make sure the issue is existing or not

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-02-15_1415.png
February 17, 2020 at 8:56 am #5505467

philipW-9

hi there,

if i copy the code as you mentioned, nothing happens.

if i cope the code in the theme additional css, i get this follow up error: (screenshot 1)

screenshot_1.JPG
February 17, 2020 at 11:24 am #5506967

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 20, 2020 at 10:49 am #5531887

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the login details. But please grant the admin privilleages to the user.

Have you set any IP based access restrictions? Becuase I get the following warning while accessing the Dashboard page and it is working for my colleagues. Please check and let me know your feedback.

This page isn't working

www.*******.at redirected you too many times.

Try clearing your cookies.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

--
Thanks!

Bigul

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.