Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing 'Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction' errors in their PHP error log, followed by fatal errors. They have already truncated the icl_background_task table as a preliminary step.
Solution:
We recommend performing a full site backup before proceeding with any further steps. After ensuring the backup is secure, please follow the workaround provided in our errata page to address backend slowness and duplicated queries which might be related to your issue. You can find the detailed instructions here: WPML causing backend slowness and duplicated queries.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your specific case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assisted by: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 28, 2024 at 8:46 am #16113412

azimd

In my PHP error log I'm getting "Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction" issues just after that it goes for a fatal error. Can we find out something from this? I think this might be the issue. Can your team please analyze this one? In the mean time, we are also checking the issue.

https://pastebin.com/pCRKiPzn

August 28, 2024 at 9:11 am #16113536

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Vienna (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please try the workaround suggested in the following errata after a full site backup {mandatory} and make sure the issue exists or not.

https://wpml.org/errata/wpml-causing-backend-slowness-and-duplicated-queries/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 28, 2024 at 11:35 am #16114562

azimd

As suggested on the URL you have shared we have truncated the icl_background_task table. We are currently monitoring the website for Fetal Errors. Will keep you updated. In the meantime please keep checking if there is anything else we can do to minimize the memory use.

August 28, 2024 at 12:16 pm #16114857

azimd

The fetal error came again. please check the below error.

https://pastebin.com/A5XEjd4e

August 28, 2024 at 2:20 pm #16115762

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please keep an eye on the log file and write back to us here if the Deadlock error happens again.

We can discuss the Fatal error bug in the main thread. Thank you for your kind understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 28, 2024 at 3:31 pm #16116000
azimd

Sure will let u know if I see Deadlock error again.

Also in -> My account -> site URL is showing as hidden link
which was my development URL. How can we change this ..

Also in WordPress Admin - > WPML -> Support -> Advanced Translation Editor Error Logs

I'm seeing the below error for the detected change in the URL. What is this error?

WPML has detected a change in your site's URL. To continue translating your site, go to your WordPress Dashboard and tell WPML if your site has been moved or copied.

August 28, 2024 at 5:11 pm #16116459

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have added new tickets for the other issues and get back to you soon on it. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.