Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
January 14, 2023 at 2:46 am #12817135

sylvainG-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
My page training hidden link is translated manually in 7 languages, but it doesn't make sense as I am teaching only in French and english.
So i want to remove the translate page and replace by a duplicated.
How can i process? any automatic way?
thanks

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

January 15, 2023 at 8:10 am #12820273

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I'll be glad to help you today.

1) You would need to delete the translated pages, then delete them from the trash. After that, please duplicate the page to the needed languages.

If you need to change the duplicated page URL, please edit them and change the slug.

2) It's not related to the issue, but according to your Debug.info, the WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine, but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. The minimum requirements for WPML are 128 MB. (Kindly check this page https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)

You can increase it by adding the following code in your wp-config.php file right before the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */ line:

/* Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Best regards,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] How to replace translated page by dupplicate pages, keeping same url’ is closed to new replies.