Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.94 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pieter 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
February 3, 2023 at 4:42 pm #12957655

Pieter

Used the migration plugin before on a regular site (without Elementor) and works perfect. Now doing a migration on a site built with Elementor and basically nothing happened. All content on the pages still show the qTranslateX formatting with [:IT]text[:EN]text[:RU]text[:]
Also there are supposed to be 30 templates, but they are no longer accessible; screenshot: hidden link

And the site is getting critical errors across the board in the other languages

Site URL: hidden link

Elementor Landing Pages seem to have migrated through, but the Yoast metadata still contains all the qTranslateX formatting too

Does the migration plugin actually work with Elementor or what?

February 5, 2023 at 1:08 pm #12963051

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

There seems to be an issue with the complex website, but before anything would you please follow the steps below?

- IMPORTANT STEP! Create a backup of your website.
- Go to "WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Troubleshooting (link)".
- Click the buttons annotated in the screenshot below one by one and wait for each button process to finish:
https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/7206941-buttons.png

The steps above are mostly for the errors that you mentioned.

But about the formatting of QTranslateX if those are hardcoded you will need to manually remove them as mentioned in the documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/qtranslate-importer/#other-texts-that-you-might-have-to-edit-manually

February 5, 2023 at 6:12 pm #12963865

Pieter

This so doesn't answer my question!

I think the reason the migration failed is because the content is written in Elementor, so not in the regular wp_posts table.

Simple question then (yes or no answer really):
Do you actually have any experience or know of people that have successfully run the migration on an Elementor site?

February 6, 2023 at 6:12 pm #12971777

Pieter

I need to wait 24 hours for you to answer a simple yes/no question? Absurd.

Well I know enough, the migration tool does not function on a site that is running Elementor.

You can now make a bug report of it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.