Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.58 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 14:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Lisbon (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Johan.

Author Posts
September 22, 2022 at 5:23 pm #12106201

sipanB

1) I am doing translation of my website. Now my website is in Armenian, I am translating it into English and Russian.
Time to time I check what I did in incognito mode, but the page shows 404 error when I click on english or russian language button on the menu when I am in incognito mode, only in admin mode everything is okay....
hidden link

this is very important you already have access to my account please fix this so that there is no erora everything is fine .. i can’t fix it

September 23, 2022 at 8:39 am #12109259

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

thanks for creating a separate case! I can see it logged out on hidden link.

#1 Please open the homepage
#2 Use the language switcher on the top and switch to EN
#3 Check if the WordPress site is saved as Draft and publish it on the right sidebar

For new pages, you can globally change that option for the future as described here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-editor-sets-translation-product-to-draft-after-translating-with-wpml-editor/#post-10770185

Best Regards
Marcel

September 23, 2022 at 3:55 pm #12113205

sipanB

im sorry but I didnt understand nothing from your reply. And please keep in mind that I have a lot of bugs and issues to solve in a very short time. So please try to write more detailed.

Look, I will describe my problem again.

I installed WPML plugin in my site, hardly undertsand how it works, okay, now I have some issues, one of them is the biggest one. I did a lot of translation already, but when I want to check how it looks like,
I go to incognito, Use the language switcher on the top, on menu, and click to english, but it shows 404 error. So we cant check what we dod. Id ont understand why it shows error page. Please can you answer why I have this problem, how to solve it, could you solve it now please!!!!

Thanks in advance
hidden link

September 25, 2022 at 6:22 am #12118203

Johan

Hey there,

I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Generally, this error is caused due to a misconfiguration on Permalinks.

Could you please go to Settings -> Permalinks and click the save button? Did this solve the issue? If it doesn't work for you, let's try to run the site in a minimal setup to see if the error continues:
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one
- If the issue is gone, activate it one by one to see which one there is an interaction issue
Also, can you enable the debug mode? Please add the following code in your wp-config.php file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

Please check the following links to read more about debugging with WordPress.
- https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
- https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#Example_wp-config.php_for_Debugging

After adding the code above, try reproducing the issue again and check if you'll find a debug.log file inside the wp-content folder. Please send us the last lines in the ticket if you locate it there.

Let me know about the outcome of this investigation.
Best regards,
Johann

The topic ‘[Closed] problem in translation’ is closed to new replies.