Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 6:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 15:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
November 22, 2023 at 9:52 pm #14902699

Sergio

Hello today I installed Woocommerce here hidden link
English is the primary language.
Polish is the secondary language /pl/

It created the pages only in English for example hidden link

It was working fine. But I want the shop ONLY in Polish.

So what I did:
-I Installed Woocommerce Multilanguage
-I changed the language of /shop to Polish
-I changed my product language to Polish (from the drop down Menu in product editing mode)

This is the product: hidden link

In this page, before chaning the language to Polish there were buttons such as "Add to Cart", there was the Product short description, quantity, etc. All in English.

Now that it is in Polish the add to cart button disappeared. Also the Shop page is invisible hidden link

The pages that are still in English are still working fine. For examplr hidden link hidden link

How can I:
1) translate all the buttons (add to cart, proceed to checkout, stock items, etc) to Polish? Is there a translation file ready, or all the strings need to be translated manually? How to do it?
2) Why the buttons disappeared from the product page?
3) How to make the English pages be in Polish? Shop, Cart, Checkout, etc?
4) How to translate the emails that will be sent to the customers?

November 24, 2023 at 12:44 pm #14917327

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. For WooCommerce to work properly some pages are needed such as Shop, Cart, Checkout, Account...
Changing the language of shop and your product is maybe not the right way to do so and you might be missing the other pages.

I would recommend that you set everything properly in English (default language) and then translate them into Polish. Once you have a functioning ecommerce in Polish we can see together how to translate butons and such.

- Make sure that all WooCommerce pages exist in English (WooCommerce documentation should help you with that)
- Go to "WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status", Look for "WooCommerce Store Pages" if some translations are missing you will have a bouton "Create missing translations" to fix that issue.

This should reply to point #2 and #3. Let me know how it goes.

I prefer to go step by step but if you want to also look at point #1 and #4
#1 Translating pages and buttons
Most of the time your theme will modify those pages. I would recommend to follow our documentation to 1) rescan your theme and 2) translate the strings in "WPML > String Translation"
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/#scan-the-theme-or-plugin

#4 Emails
Here is our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/how-to-translate-woocommerce-emails/

The topic ‘[Closed] Woocommerce buttons disappeared in Polish (secondary language)’ is closed to new replies.