Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
May 9, 2022 at 3:20 pm #11183041

oksanaM

Hello!

I've already asked for support with the same problem. Due to the war, we could not follow up on its solution. That's why I'd like to ask you to kindly help us now.

Here is a post: hidden link
It is translated with ATE, and there are 2 problems:
- ATE does not see new <h2> headings and does not include them in translation;
- Now translated version of the page has only H1 and custom fields translated, but the post is shown in the original language.

I tried to delete the translation and create a new one, but it didn't solve the problem.
Could you please help?

Thank you very much in advance!

Cold you please help

May 9, 2022 at 5:08 pm #11183643

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

I'm so sorry to hear about the war that is causing issues on your end. I've checked and it looks like the translation got stuck somehow. I've fixed this for you here hidden link and could you please continue with the H2 title translation?

Are you getting the same issue for other posts or just this one?

Also, I checked your debug information, I noticed that your MySQL version is below the plugin minimum requirements as described at: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/ . Kindly contact your hosting provider and ask them to update the MySQL version to 5.6+ for you.

Thanks!

Kor

May 10, 2022 at 6:53 am #11186267

oksanaM

Hello Kor,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer and unbelievable fast help!

I've asked the editor and he sent me two more links to stuck posts:
hidden link
hidden link

If I understood correctly you deleted the stuck post and created it again, then translated it? If yes, I will know the solution for such posts and we can do it ourselves.

Thank you!

May 11, 2022 at 3:49 am #11194183

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that's what I did to quickly fix this. I duplicated the post using the "duplicate this" feature and removed the old posts. Since this is a live site and I don't have the permission to run some troubleshooting, that's what I did to fix it.

I noticed that the changes that I've made to the post for the primary language do not save changes and it's not updating the contents in the "Advanced Translation Editor" at all. Is this only happening to three posts?

If this is an ongoing issue, it's best that you allow me to find the initial cause of the issue. If you're up for this, are you able to clone the site to a staging URL? Then, provide access to the staging site so that I could perform some intensive troubleshooting on the site and try to find the cause of the issue.

Just in case you've prepared a staging site, I've set your next answer private, which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks!

Kor

The topic ‘[Closed] ATE does not see updated page content’ is closed to new replies.