Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sergio 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
May 20, 2023 at 9:03 am #13682453

Sergio

I am trying to translate tags to the other language.

If I go to "taxonomy translation" => tags
I see that there are some tags in Polish language that are marked as English tags.

Since the words are in Polish, they need to be like this in Polish... the English language is grayed out and can't be changed.

If I open the post that use this tag, this post is in Polish.

Also if I open this tag in wp-admin -> posts -> tags I see that this tag is in Polish and doesn't have an English translation.

This is an example of tag with this problem: hidden link

Please help to fix it

May 22, 2023 at 2:00 pm #13690757

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hello There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. I will try my best to assist you in this matter.

I understood that somehow the language of some tags is marked incorrectly. If you haven't translated the Tags yet, you can change the language of the Tags. Please check the following steps to understand the process.

- Navigate to "Posts > Tags" from your WordPress Dashboard in the English language.
- Find the Tag and click on "Edit"
- Scroll down a bit and you'll see the Language Metabox(hidden link). Select your preferred language from there and update the changes.

In case if you can't select the language, then check if the Tag is translated already to that language under the "Translations" section. If you found that translated, then simply 'delete' the Translated Tag by switching to that language. I hope it will help.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.