Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
If you're trying to perform a translation on a page using WPML and when you click the + icon to translate a page, it takes you to the translation queue instead of directly opening the translation form.
Solution:
We recommend you first check the following errata to see if you're experiencing a known issue: https://wpml.org/errata/clicking-on-the-translation-icon-redirects-to-wpml-translations-instead-of-ate/.
Next, go to WPML → Support and click on the Troubleshooting link. Here, click 'Synchronize local job ids with ATE jobs' and 'Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE'. Then, try adding the translation again.
If the issue persists, we suggest testing with a minimal setup: use a default theme (if applicable) and disable all non-WPML and non-essential plugins to see if the error still occurs.

If this solution does not resolve your issue or seems irrelevant due to being outdated or not applicable to your case, we highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. Should you need further assistance, please open a new support ticket at WPML support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
July 3, 2024 at 3:52 pm #15885536

antonW

Background of the issue:
I am trying to perform a translation on a page using WPML on my site hidden link.

Symptoms:
When I click the + icon to translate a page, it takes me to the translation queue instead of directly opening the translation form.

Questions:
Why does the + icon take me to the translation queue instead of opening the translation form?
Is this a setting, or a change in the software?

July 3, 2024 at 4:59 pm #15886136

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

Can you please check this errata to see if this is happening to you?

https://wpml.org/errata/clicking-on-the-translation-icon-redirects-to-wpml-translations-instead-of-ate/

In summary you can try to:

Go to WPML → Support and click on the Troubleshooting link.
Click Synchronize local job ids with ATE jobs and Synchronize translators and translation managers with ATE.
Add the translation again

If the issue persist, can you please test minimal, using a default theme(if applicable) and with all non-WPML and essentials plugins disabled to see if the error persists.

Please let us know your results.
Mateus

July 4, 2024 at 6:37 am #15889365

antonW

Thanks, that resolved the issue.

antonW confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-07-04 06:37:36.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.