Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.96 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
May 26, 2023 at 7:00 am #13720009
vayawebs

Every time I add a new translation and click on "Save and close", the translation appears with the tool icon instead of the pencil, and when I access the translation it is all blank, so I have to re-add the translations one by one.

Also, in each translation there is a field called "field-_elementor_data" inside "Custom Fields" and I don't know how to delete it.

New threads created by Mohamed Sayed and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-how-to-remove-a-custom-field-from-translations/

May 29, 2023 at 8:43 am #13729945

Mohamed Sayed

Hi there,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

First of all, sorry for the late reply due to a higher workload during the weekend.

Please create a full backup of the database and website then go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page, and click the following:

- Clear the Cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Fix WPML table collation
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment for translations

After that, check if you can save the translations.

For better support, we handle one issue per ticket so I've created a new ticket for the other issue you mentioned. We can continue the discussion here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-how-to-remove-a-custom-field-from-translations/

Regards,
Mohamed

May 29, 2023 at 9:08 am #13730239

vayawebs

Hi Mohamed,

I followed your steps but I have the same problem. Maybe can I send you the access?

Thanks,

Daniel

May 29, 2023 at 9:19 am #13730611

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Daniel,

Before providing access, could you please try the following and let me your feedback?

1. Create a new page with the WordPress editor (Not Elementor) and check if the issue happens there.

2. Please provide me with the WordPress debug.log, this will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

And change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
// Disable display of errors and warnings which is recommended on a live site.
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors',0);

Then try to reproduce the issue by saving a translation and check if any errors were saved to the debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory
If you can paste your debug.log to https://pastebin.com/ and provide me that link, it would be great!

3. Kindly check if the issue persists in a minimal environment by following these steps:

- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Twenty-one.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

❌ Please backup your database and website before performing the above test ❌

May 29, 2023 at 9:31 am #13730777

vayawebs

Hi Mohamed,

I've created a new page with the WordPress editor (Not Elementor) and the issue also happens.

In the wp-config.php file I don't see the code "define('WP_DEBUG', false);". I guess in this case I just need the new code you sent me.

In the wp-content folder I don't see the file debug.log. What can I do?

Thanks,

Daniel

May 29, 2023 at 1:02 pm #13732507

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Daniel,

If you can't find the line define('WP_DEBUG', false);, you just need to add the code I shared.

If you are still not able to find any errors in the debug.log file or it doesn't exist, please provide me with temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) so I can investigate this issue further.
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website before providing us with access details ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I would also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

If you don't see the form below, please don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks for your cooperation

May 30, 2023 at 9:18 am #13737461

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Daniel,

I don't think the PHP notice from the debug.log file is related, I also checked the site but I couldn't replicate the issue.

The translations can be saved and marked as "Complete" without any issues. Please see here: hidden link

Could you please confirm that you're checking the "Translation is complete" box for each segment? Also that the translation shows 100% complete before you click "Save"?

If you already follow the above steps, please log in with the user account you created for us and check if you can save the translation.

Let me know please how that goes.

May 30, 2023 at 10:04 am #13738219

vayawebs

Hi Mohamed,

In your video you are saving a translation that had already been worked on previously, and that is why it saves well. The problem comes when you translate a page for the first time, as you can see at hidden link.

Thanks,

Daniel

May 30, 2023 at 2:09 pm #13740589

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Daniel,

The page you tested in the recording was translated for the first time without showing the same issue, this is why I think the issue is related to your admin account.

Please check this recording hidden link which shows a new page I create then translate for the first time without showing the same behavior.

Please test with the same admin account I use and let me know your feedback.

May 31, 2023 at 1:11 am #13742959

vayawebs

Hi Mohamed,

I tried with user WPML and I have the same problem, as you can see on hidden link. What's the problem?

I changed the password, the new one is:

xR^XASPC6Vy1KWJ)qX^DEkvF

Thanks,

Daniel

May 31, 2023 at 9:49 am #13745193

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Daniel,

I tested again with the same page you created but I can't see the issue and the translation can be saved from the first time hidden link

I'm consulting our 2nd tier supporters about this issue and will update you once I get their reply.

Could you please try again from another browser and let me know if you see the same issue?

Regards,
Mohamed

May 31, 2023 at 10:09 am #13745503

vayawebs

Hi Mohamed,

I've tried with Safari and now ir works fine, so the problem is with Chrome. How can I solve it? I use many thing with Chrome and I'd like to avoid Safari. I cleaned cache and cookies but it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Daniel

May 31, 2023 at 1:44 pm #13747919

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I'm afraid that we can't tell how this can be solved since it's caused by your browser and not replicated on our side.

I couldn't find any similar reports from other clients and I'm also using Chrome without any issues.

I suggest trying the following:

- Updating your browser to the latest version

- It might be caused by an extension, so you can disable the extensions one by one and test till you can find the one causing this issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.