Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When I duplicate translated Posts and Pages with Yoast Duplicate Post, I cannot see the translations in frontend
Solution:
Yoast Duplicate Post when finishing duplication is adding Post/Pages as draft in all languages. Please publish the Post/Pages in all languages in order to make them available in frontend.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by florinB-5 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
June 8, 2022 at 12:30 pm #11413995

florinB-5

Hi there
On this site i built this page:
hidden link
The links for this page are fine for english and french.

Then i did some clones with the Yoast Duplicate Post Plugin which is supported by you. (e.g. this one: hidden link)
The Links of the new pages unfortunately are not good for english and french as you can check by changing the language. Then you have the page id as url.

Can you please help me fix that?
Best Regards
Florin

June 8, 2022 at 1:13 pm #11414527

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

When you duplicate the post, have you updated it (and its translation) or not?

Regards,
Andreas

June 8, 2022 at 1:28 pm #11414843

florinB-5

Hi Andreas
I changed the content and saved it again (in Elementor).
Then i also had to change the translations (as one title changed), pressed complete translation and here we are.
Best Regards
Florin

June 8, 2022 at 2:45 pm #11415967

Andreas

Sorry, you mean that you are still having the issue after running the bove steps, right?

Regards,
Andreas

June 8, 2022 at 2:55 pm #11415993

florinB-5

I did these steps already before even opening the support case.
So yes, you are right.
Best Regards
Florin

June 8, 2022 at 3:15 pm #11416119

Andreas

Thank you!

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Regards,
Andreas

June 8, 2022 at 3:17 pm #11416125

florinB-5

It seems you forgot to enable the private fields....

June 8, 2022 at 3:21 pm #11416225

Andreas

Yes, you are absolutely correct. My appologies.

It should be ok now.

Regards,
Andreas

June 9, 2022 at 10:46 am #11423607

florinB-5

Did you find something?

June 9, 2022 at 11:50 am #11424147

Andreas

Thank you very much for your message.

May I ask you for full access to your site? If it is life, it would be ideal to have stage one.

I am opening again the private box

Regards,
Andreas

June 9, 2022 at 1:06 pm #11424871

Andreas

Thank you very much for the access.

The problem was that for 2018 Swiss Judo Open you have 2 times the pages in English and French and 1 in german.

I have deleted the redundant pages and fix also the slug.

Also in the French and English languages, the duplication makes the pages drafts. you need to publish them.

You can do this with quick edit for faster results or with the classic way with Edit the pages. If you do the second way, you will see a popup that translation is in progress. Please just click "Edit Anyway"

Here is the pages I have fixed :
hidden link

If you click on each language you will see that the URL is correct now.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance. I'll gladly help you. 🙂

Regards,
Andreas

June 9, 2022 at 1:28 pm #11425283

florinB-5

I do not consider Yoast Duplicate Post as completly compatible with WPML if there are errors like that. Maybe you should change the status to partially supported.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.